Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Secretly Crushing on: #2






Hello Lovelies. Secretly Crushing On  is a weekly feature that is held on Thursdays, hosted by me from  Wickedly Delicious Book Blog.  This is a blog hop geared towards book lovers preferably ages 18+ with the objective to find and visit other blogs that share the same interest as you... a love for Sexy Reads with  a Hot Hero your are Secretly Crushing On. It can be an old book or new read.  

How to join:
    • Make a separate post for the Secretly Crushing On hop on your blog.
    • Copy the button above or place your own (as long as you link back to Wickedly Delicious Book Blog) on top of your post.
    • Pick your Secretly Crushing On candidate with an old book or currant read. Give a reason for your pick or give a little teaser or both.
    • Place your name and blog title in the linky below, as well as the URL for a direct link to the post.
    • Visit other blogs on the list and make some new friends


I am Secretly Crushing On...


Mystery Man (Dream Man series #1)
by Kristen Ashley
Purchase Link: Amazon

Goodreads

Blurb:
While drinking cosmopolitans, Gwendolyn Kidd meets the man of her dreams. Then she takes him home. Then she wakes up alone. But her fear that she lost her dream man turns into a relationship with a mystery man when, night after night in the dead of night, he comes back for more. Hoping it will blossom into something real, she lets him.

But she doesn’t even know his name.

Gwen’s struggling with the decision to end their crazy non-relationship when her sister-from-hell, Ginger’s best friend pays a visit and warns Gwen that if she and her sister don't get smart, they'll both get d-e-a-d, dead. Gwen has no clue what’s going on but she’s used to Ginger’s antics and decides to lay the problem on her sister’s biker boyfriend's doorstep. Bad choice. She hits the Denver Underground radar with a big, loud ping.

This means Gwen’s Mystery Man, Cabe “Hawk” Delgado has to step in to keep her safe. But when Hawk gets a dose of Gwen in the daylight, he makes the decision that he finally wants real with Gwen. However when Gwen gets a dose of badass, bossy, straight-talker Hawk in the daylight, she decides she’s done.

Thus begins the head-to-head of the Commando vs. Cosmo Girl as Hawk woos Gwen in his own unique way, Gwen survives firebombs, drive-bys, kidnappings, hot pursuits by biker hotties and gorgeous police detectives and discovers the heartbreaking reason why Hawk kept her at arm’s length.

And as all this happens, Gwen finds that her sister’s troubles are serious trouble and she must decide who to keep alive: her sister-from-hell or the man of her dreams.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why:
If you are a Kristen Ashley fan then you know OMG her heroes are very addicting.  If you have not read any of her books then you are really missing out. 

This week I am still thinking about Hawk.  OMG I can not get him out of my head. He is arrogant, pushy and rough around the edges but  under all that badass he is really  loving, caring, gentle and protective. He even protects her family from all the danger too.  

"I'm here 'cause when you come, you come hard, you don't hold back but you do hold on and you do it tight. I'm here because when you call me baby in this bed, I feel it in my dick. And I'm here because you don't hesitate throwing attitude when every  other woman I know doesn't have the guts to say boo to me. Seein' you scared and wantin' to do something about it  was just an extra reason that made me want to be here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







2 comments:

  1. It is so funny because when I read this book I really didn't like Hawk until the near the end and then I feel totally head over heels for him in the epilogue!! Now I love him especially in the scene he has in Law Man at girls night out!! I am going to have to reread this book when I finish Rock Chick series!! :) I am going to add my SCO tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have to finish Lawman. Can not wait til girls night out part. I think I like Hawk because he is intense. Can not wait and see who your SCO is.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.