Sunday, May 13, 2012

Lusting For Covers #72

 
Lusting For Covers is a weekly meme hosted by TBQ's Book Palace.   Lusting For Covers is held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers. It can be new, old, a reprint, or even a book that is not yet out-- it's all up to you! Join in on the fun, head  over to TBQ's Book Palace and list your  Lusting For Covers  candidate

 
My Pick:

Firelight (Darkest London Series #1)
by Kristen Callihan Web
Purchase Links: Amazon  Barnes & Noble 


Blurb:
London, 1881
Once the flames are ignited . . .

Miranda Ellis is a woman tormented. Plagued since birth by a strange and powerful gift, she has spent her entire life struggling to control her exceptional abilities. Yet one innocent but irreversible mistake has left her family's fortune decimated and forced her to wed London's most nefarious nobleman.

They will burn for eternity . . . Lord Benjamin Archer is no ordinary man. Doomed to hide his disfigured face behind masks, Archer knows it's selfish to take Miranda as his bride. Yet he can't help being drawn to the flame-haired beauty whose touch sparks a passion he hasn't felt in a lifetime. When Archer is accused of a series of gruesome murders, he gives in to the beastly nature he has fought so hard to hide from the world. But the curse that haunts him cannot be denied. Now, to save his soul, Miranda will enter a world of dark magic and darker intrigue. For only she can see the man hiding behind the mask.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why:
I know you all are shocked right about now that I do not have a half naked man on my Lusting For Covers.  I am Lusting over this cover, book, characters and author at the moment.  Love how this cover has the Heroine showing the flames and the city.  Firelight had me hooked from page one til the end.  I practically ignored my poor family this mothers day weekend. I read at every chance I got. Ha..Ha.. it was bad I even read a little bit  after I lost my money gambling. I basically ignored my poor hubby and in-laws. Firelight has a little bit of everything for  everyone.  It is a beautiful romance story that has paranormal, gothic and mystery. Benjamin and Miranda was fun to read about. Both are strong, funny and sexy.  Oh my the sexual tension is hot and amazing.  Kristen Callihan is a talented writer. Her writing is rich and beautiful like Nalini Singh. I have to give a big THANK YOU to Awesomesauce Book Club for introducing me to a new author. Kristen Callihan is one of my new Fave authors and is  auto buy for me. Highly recommend this book.


I could not resist a sexy pic of  Benjamin (AKA Archer) and Miranda. Enjoy!


What is your Lusting For Cover candidate? Leave a comment with a link to the cover you are lusting  this week. Loved to see yours

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating in this week's L4C! :)

    Hey, I do it too! Once in a while we need a refresher from all the scantily clad men on our covers (though I'd never turn one down!).

    I'm glad that you picked this one, actually, first because it helps to show people that lust worthy covers are not just ones with the (yummy) half-naked men on them! Way to go! And second, because I have this one in my pile, and I cannot wait to read it! Love the cover, it's just so beautiful!

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
    Enjoy,
    TBQ
    TBQ's Book Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie. Thanks for stopping by. I love your Lusting For Covers. Had to post as soon as we got back from up North. Had a beautiful Mothers day weekend. OMG you have to up Firelight on you TBR pile. It is AMAZING!!! Also make sure you have a day with nothing to do but read and not get interrupted. It is soooooooooo good. It was a nice change and felt good to not have a sexy man on the cover. All the books I really like have a sexy shirtless man. I guess that is what you get when you love Alpha male and sexy shifter books. Yummy.. my kind of books. I usually prefer a hero over a heroine and do not really care how the heroine is just as long as she is not too wishy washy. Just as long as my Hero has some kind of Alpha Male attitude. Lately I have been reading some good books with kickbutt heroines and enjoying them. Love it when the heroine give it right back to hero.

      Hope you had a nice Mothers day weekend too.

      Delete
  2. Totally stalking your blog haha! Anyways I love this cover, she looks like she could kick some serious ass... she has the "you don't want to mess with me look" on her face. I have heard great things about this book but haven't got a chance to read it! I am so glad you loved it, I will have to check it out sooner than I thought :D Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG---I just finished this book and I really loved it :)
    The scene of the two of them in the alley...HOLY GOD...nice.
    And I loved the way you really don't know what Archer truly is until almost the very end. Very well written.
    Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG finding out about What Archer really is was a shocker for me. I was kind of thinking Vampire with all his and Ian Witty Remarks about pup and cold etc. Was not expecting what he was. Great story with a good plot all the way to the end. OMG I seriously think I had a orgasm with the Alley scene. The ended was truly the best I have ever read. Have a nice week babe.

      Delete
  4. Hey you, I have seen this book on other sites and I love the cover!!! I have added this to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing.

    Here is mine: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/05/lusting-for-covers_14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi babe. OMG you need to bump Firelight on your TBR pile. You will love it and be hooked on a new author.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.