Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Secretly Crushing On: #1






Hello Lovelies. Secretly Crushing On  is a weekly feature that is held on Thursdays, hosted by me from  Wickedly Delicious Book Blog.  This is a blog hop geared towards book lovers preferably ages 18+ with the objective to find and visit other blogs that share the same interest as you... a love for Sexy Reads with  a Hot Hero your are Secretly Crushing On. It can be an old book or new read.  

How to join:
    • Make a separate post for the Secretly Crushing On hop on your blog.
    • Copy the button above or place your own (as long as you link back to Wickedly Delicious Book Blog) on top of your post.
    • Pick your Secretly Crushing On candidate with an old book or currant read. Give a reason for your pick or give a little teaser or both.
    • Place your name and blog title in the linky below, as well as the URL for a direct link to the post.
    • Visit other blogs on the list and make some new friends


I am Secretly Crushing On...

Shadow Game (Ghost Walkers #1)
by Christine Feehan  Web
Purchase Link: Amazon

Blurb:
A man and woman possessed of telekinetic powers. She is the doctor. He is the experiment. What comes between them is a terrifying secret history that could save them or destroy them.

The classified experiment is the brainchild of renowned scientist Peter Whitney and his brilliant daughter, Lily. Created to enhance the psychic abilities of an elite squadron, it can transform their natural mental powers into a unique military weapon. But something goes wrong. In the isolated underground labs, the men have been dying-victims of bizarre accidents. Captain Ryland Miller knows he is next. When Dr. Whitney himself is murdered, Ryland has only one person left to trust: the beautiful Lily. Possessed of an uncanny sixth sense herself, Lily shares Ryland's every new fear, every betrayal, every growing suspicion, and every passionate beat of the heart. Together, they will be drawn deeper into the labyrinth of her father's past…and closer to a secret that someone would kill to keep hidden


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why:
How can anybody not be crushing on Ryland. He is sexy, sweet and caring and absolutely in love with Lily.  He not only protects her but will always think of Lily first.

He is able to walk in her dreams:
"How did you know?"

"That you love it here?" He took her hand, drew her to stand in front of a fantasy depicting dragons and warlords. "You thought of it several times. It mattered to you so it mattered to me."

*Sigh*...Love this part
"Lily you weren't worried about me, were you? You can't be crying because you were afraid for me." The idea alarmed and pleased him at the same time. He reached for the bedside lamp.

"No." She caught his wrist to stop him. "Please don't.

Ryland stood for a moment hesitating, unsure how to handle her mood. He brushed the velvet flower petals along her tear wet cheek before laying the rose carefully on the pillow beside her.

He can do wicked things with food...Yummy... Lil Teaser:
His hand caressed her moist entrance, long, slow strokes but never quite entering her. "We haven't even started with the outrageous things," he murmured and bent his head, his tongue following the trail of strawberries.


Fave quotes:
He had known he wanted her, that it was for all time, but he hadn’t realized what was between them. A priceless gift, a treasure beyond his dreams. She was wrapped so tight inside of him, he knew it was more than his body and mind. More than his heart. She was entrenched in his soul.

“Your name is Lily Whitney. You are the woman I want at my side night and day. I want you to be the mother of my children someday. I want you for my lover. I want you for the person I turn to when the world gets to be too much.”
Highly recommend this series if you like  hot alpha male heroes with good action, suspense, romance and a little paranormal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


6 comments:

  1. Hey you, Love this feature!! I haven't read this series--After reading this, I am adding to my TBR pile!! LOL Great choice!!
    Happy Thursday, naughty twin!! :)

    My SCO: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/05/secretly-crushing-on.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Christine Feehan. You will have to try this series.

      Delete
    2. I just added it to my TBR pile--Is there any other of her books that you like??

      Delete
    3. I love all her series. Her best in my opinion are Leopard Series and the Drake Sister series. Some of her books you have to bare with them as some start off a little slow but once it gets going they are hot reads with good Alpha males. I would recommend reading The Drake Sister series in order because Jonas and Hannah from Safe Harbor play some good rolls in the books and it leads up to their story. Plus Joley and Ilya in Turbelent sea have good moments too (Those were my fave) I did not read the Leopard series in order and I was fine when I read Burning Wild. It is my Fave. But it starts out pretty slow. I would recommend these before her Ghost Walker series.

      Delete
  2. You got my attention, boo :)
    Great new meme--couldn't resist signing up.
    Here is my secret crush...er...crushes...
    http://csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2012/05/secretly-crushing-on.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.