Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Review: One Night Stand by Parker Kincade




One Night Stand (The Martin Family #1)
by Parker Kincade
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
E-book 113 pages

Blurb by Goodreads
Amanda Martin has the worst taste in men. After being cheated on not once, but twice, she’s lost all faith in men … and in herself. Determined to regain her confidence, Amanda decides to have a one-night stand. No relationship, no promises, no threat of being hurt again … just sex. What she doesn’t anticipate is meeting a handsome-as-sin stranger who will give her pleasure unlike any she’s ever known.

Joe Sterling has spent his life avoiding relationships, his former job as a military sniper not allowing for such commitments. Now he’s come home to Texas, to let go of the past and to prove he is more than the killer he’s been trained to be.

When Amanda’s life is threatened, Joe’s killer instinct is tested while Amanda struggles to protect her heart. Will they succumb to their overwhelming desire for each other, or lose it all by letting the past dictate their future?
 
 



Parker Kincade’s writing voice and story telling is beautiful. She knows how to write a amazing erotic romance with a good suspense plot, scorching sex scenes, yummy alpha male heroes with kick butt heroines that know how to put them in their place.

Joe is a sexy dirty talking, Harley Riding, ex military sniper with a alpha male attitude but is also sweet that you will fall in love with right at the beginning. I know I did! Fell head over heals more for him through out the novel.

Loved Amanda’s character the minute she slugged the man in the bar for touching her and giving her a hard time. Even though she has some insecurities about the ones she love leaving her she was not your winey type or damsel in distressed. Being raised by 3 alpha males brothers especially Caleb the oldest, she can hold her own. Her insecurities are more towards her relationships.

Joe and Amanda’s chemistry is off the charts right from the beginning. The Sexual Tension is hot! Loved how she would blossom and come alive in the bedroom from Joe. He brought out the naughtiness in her that I was seriously crushing on her through out the novel. His dirty talking mouth had me changing my panties quite a bit. It is not always sex with them. They are playful together and at times they get so caught up in each other they forget everybody around them. Had me giggling a few times.

I loved all the secondary characters especially Samantha her best friend and Caleb. These two have to have their own book and I hope it is next. Samantha is feisty and always goes head to head with Caleb who is over protective. They play a big roll in One Night Stand, never take away from Joe and Amanda story. Just added so much more to the story. Loved the Horsemen! Amanda and Samantha call the brothers this. Made me giggle when I found out how Amanda’s brothers got the nickname. The only thing the brothers have in common are all over protective of Amanda with alpha males attitude, other than that I loved how they all have their own voice and personalities.

One Night Stand is a must read and Parker Kincade is an author not to be missed. I highly recommend One Night Stand for all erotic fans and even not into erotic I would still recommend to anyone. One Night Stand is about loving and trusting again with bonus scorching sex that is well written.

Parker Kincade is now one of my favorite authors that I will be stalking to see when her next book in the Martin Family comes out. I would buy and read anything she writes. One Night Stand is a keeper that I will be re-reading.






10 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo Parker! Congrats on the new release, and the fantastic review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louisa! This is the greatest way to start a day!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this awesome review! I'm thrilled you enjoyed it! I have several more coming, so keep an eye out - and YES! Caleb is next! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by!Yay baby.. Caleb is next! I will be stalking your blog and website for a cover to Caleb book to show off on my blog. Love your writing style and look forward to see how the series plays out. You left me wanting more of Caleb, Sam and her problem.

      Delete
    2. I'm still writing Caleb, but you can expect lots of excitement! :)

      Delete
  3. Great review! I've been so in the mood to read something smutty and sexy. You totally got me at Harley Riding hehehe. This book is going on my TBR list now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ning, One night Stand is a must read! OMG fell in love with all the characters! Joe is delicious with his dirty talking mouth! Can not wait for Caleb to get his own story.

      Delete
  4. WD-Girl, you are making me buy more books! :)
    Like I wouldn't anyways, right?
    Thanks for the review--I've added it to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.