Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: Jared (The Protectors #2) by Teresa Gabelman





Jared (The Protectors #2)
by Teresa Gabelman
Purchase Link: Amazon  Barnes & Noble
E-book 282 pages
 
Blurb by Goodreads
The VC Warriors are an elite group of vampire who protect innocents, whether human or those of their own race. Jared Kincaid, along with other Warriors, are shocked when a fiery red head with a gun and attitude, bring news of young teens being turned into an army of half-breed vampires capable of taking out all VC Warriors.

Breaking into the famed VC Warriors compound was definitely not the smartest thing Tessa Pride has ever done, but she will do anything for her brother, Adam. The Warriors held the one person she knew was responsible for her brother being turned into a half-breed and nothing will stop her from getting what she needs to help her brother, not even a Warrior whose eyes could make her melt with one look.

Jared and Tessa join forces in a desperate scramble to find who is responsible. With a war between Warriors and half-breeds brewing, suspicions of traitors in their midst put the lives of everyone involved on the line.



Jared is fun, sexy, emotional, action packed with the yummiest Alpha Males Heroes and the hottest kick butt Heroines. Good amount of surprises with some twist and turns that had me on the edge of my seat and never seen them coming.
 
Fell head over heals for Jared when he was first introduced in Damon (The Protectors #1). His character was sweet, fun and a smart mouth. Huge Thank You to Teresa Gabelman for keeping Jared’s personality just the way he was in Damon and for giving everything I love about him and so much more in his story. Loved seeing his over protective Alpha Male attitude and it was a joy to see his softer side towards Tessa.
 
Loved Tessa’s strong will character right from the beginning when she storms into the interrogation room and goes head to head with Jared to get answers for her brother being turned into a half breed. I love how she is protective of her brother and will go to great lengths to help him.
 
Right from the beginning their chemistry is hot and the sexual tension was off the charts steamy. Their relationship builds through out the novel and Jared is patient with Tessa especially just coming off a bad relationship. They do have their ups and downs because of this and because he is different and his ways our different especially when it comes to feeding. That scene broke my heart and made me smile. His little jealous and possessive side got my stomach all tingly. They are also playful through out the novel that I loved and had me giggling.
 
All secondary characters play a roll in Jared and never take away from their story just add so much more to it. Was very excited to see how Damon and Nicole are doing and how they are now that they are a couple. I enjoyed Adams Character and I hope to see him and Angelina in future novels. Sed is funny but still a mystery to me. Look forward to seeing him and getting to know him more in other novels in the future. Now Pam and Duncan broke my heart. Their roll in the story is darker and loved every minute of it.
 
I am loving how these badass warriors are like family. The love they have for each other and their lovers are real. Never a dull moment with these guys. Whether they are in combat or just hanging out they crack me up.
 
Loved the ending as it left me wanting more now. It is really not a cliffhanger but just enough to know what is coming next. Looking for a different take on Paranormal Romance with characters that are real, they jump off the pages, a great storyline and sexy kick butt heroes then Teresa Gabelman’s The protectors series is it. Jared is another 5 stars - Perfect - keeper in The Protectors Series.



11 comments:

  1. Reading your review reminded me I haven't read a Paranomal book in a while and I need to! Love this book being about vampires! Putting it on my TBR list! Thanks for the great review Capri! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything about vampires in a while *GASP* I know. I need to go find the first book in this series. I love stories based on almost family warriors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First book is Damon. Love this series. I also love book with almost family warriors!

      Delete
  3. I'm adding this to my TRB pile...I'm like Ning & haven't read vampires books in a while...just recently started back up. you def made me wants this one :)

    Sharonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my first time on your blog and I feel like I am at Disneyland. So much good stuff! Wowzer

    Newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WD~ Just wanted to let you know that since you gave this five "wines", I put in on my list ;)
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Love this series and Jared's book #2 was everything I hope for and more!

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.