Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ARC Review: Provoked by Rebecca Zanetti



Provoked (Dark Protectors #5)
by Rebecca Zanetti
Publisher: Kensington
E-book 261 pages
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble

Blurb by Goodreads

A TIME FOR WAR…
A casualty of the war between the demons and the vampires, Jase Kayrs has been missing for six long years. His older brothers want answers—but they’re going to have to get them from an unlikely source. For when Kane Kayrs tracks down Amber Freebird, what he finds is a blonde, vegan pacifist who has no intention of using her skills in his war…

A TIME FOR LOVE…

Amber enjoys her life of chaotic freedom and has no intention of falling in line just because a sexy-as-sin vampire insists on order. Unfortunately, he discovers she may be the only hope they have of finding his brother, and there’s no way he’s going to let her go—even if it means mating her to gain her cooperation. The two are as different as can be, yet when the dominant Kane and the untamed Amber finally unite to rescue Jase, they just may find that opposites really do attract…






 
Rebecca Zanetti is amazing author who has wrote another 5 star -excellent novel in her Dark Protectors Series. Since the series started with Fated (The Dark Protectors #1) it has caught my attention and am addicted. The story line continues and keeps getting better with her stubborn, over protected, over the top dominate, alpha male heroes.
 
Kane has always been the quiet brother that usually is either in the lab or out fighting the villains. To my surprise I fell in love with his character in Provoked. He does not do love, yes he loves his brothers, sister-in-laws, niece and nephew but he has never been in love. He does not believe in fate only knows logic. Until he meets Amber and everything his ever known has him all boggled and does not what to do.
 
Amber was a perfect match for Kane. Her character I adored. She thinks he is crazy when they first meet because she has no idea what she is and never new Vampires existed. In the beginning she puts poor Kane through so much. He is not used to being around humans only the ones he have known from his brothers. She has him chasing her and saying please.
 
The chemistry from the beginning with Amber and Kane was hot and the sexual tension was through the roof. But they do go through some ups and downs. He wants to mate with her for her powers so they can have a better chance at fighting the villains. But deep inside he is falling in love with her and just keeps telling himself he only wants to because of the powers. So many times I just wanted to knock him up side his head like his brothers wanted to do. Kane has never been a growler but Amber has him growling, being possessive, over protected and he can not keep his hands off her. Poor Amber will not mate with him because she believes in love and fate and wants the romance. Wow who would of guess how dominate Kane was in the bedroom. I for sure had some fan-my-self moments.
 
Fans of Janie, Zane and Kalin will not want to miss Provoked. I could not turn my kindle fast enough on their scenes. With each book we are getting more and more of them and in Provoked it has me wanting to have their own book. So many twist and turns that I did not see coming. I am actually at times hoping Kalin can redeemed himself. Janie still thinks he can be good. But I am a huge Zane fan who is still a mystery to me and I am loving Zane more and more with each book.
 
Poor Jase. It was hard to see him being tortured. Because of what is happening to Jase and watching his family go through the heartache of never knowing if they will ever rescue him had me shedding a few tears. There are a few intense scenes that had me on the edge of my seat.
 
Best Epilogue to date in The Dark Protectors series. I look forward to see where Rebecca Zanetti will take us in her next novel.

ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review
 
 










 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE your buttons..so dang on cute!

    I've never read anything by this author, but I'm gonna add it to my TBR list. Loved the review! this story sounds really good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie. I am a huge fan of this series since book 1 Fated and Rebecca Zanetti has not let me down yet. They have all been 5 stars to me.

      Delete
  2. Another awesome review. So glad you enjoyed this book. Think I might have to add it to my TBR list for the cover alone.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOve this series. Hope you get around to one day reading it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Glad I came across your reviews of this series. Erin and I are all obsessed over the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and I know once I have a chance to pick up the 5th novel, I will probably race through to the end. Once that is done, I know that I will be looking for a steamy series like that to pick up. I think I found it!


    :)

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and Erin start this series. When I read Fated #1. It reminded me of the BDB with action, alpha male heroes kickbutt story line and the boys club as in like family and have their ups and downs and lol moments. I know alot of people had mixed feelings about Fated but I loved it and the books just get better and better.

      Delete
  4. This sounds amazing. I am going to get book 1 right now. You say BDB, I jump on board immediately LOL! This sounds so steamy and badass. I love it! Thank you for the review hon. I have to start this. About to get Damon as well. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like Fated as much as I did. At least for me it had the BDB feeling with sexy alpha male warriors that have great liners.

      Delete
  5. Ok, I am getting Damon now. I will get the paperback of Fated since it is cheaper than the Kindle version for some reason LOL! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay baby I am excited you are getting Damon. I look forward to see what you think. Bummer paperback is cheaper. I might have to check it out and start collecting the series in Paperback.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.