Monday, March 4, 2013

NA Review: Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy





Flight (The Crescent Chronicles #1)
by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Purchase Link: Amazon
 
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.
 
 
 


 
Flight is a fun and exciting read with a fresh take in the Paranormal world. All the characters leap off the pages with their own voice and personalities.

Levi is a *drool worthy* hero who has a huge secret about what he really is. I was excited when I found out what he was. I thought of two paranormal beings he could be and was excited when he was one of them. He is arrogant with a smart mouth. He is use to getting what he wants and has no problem getting it until he meets Allie. She will not give him the time of day. This makes it a challenge and he loves a good challenge. He is persistent when he wants something and he wants Allie. He goes to great lengths to get her and keep her even does the biggest betrayal ever.

Allie has had some crappy relationships in the past. Just broke up with her boyfriend and has sworn off men. She has a plan for her future, go to Princeton, marry the right guy, get the perfect job have children and Levi does not fit into her plan. She can hold her own with Levi. She has no problem going head to head with him. Once she has learned his secret she is becoming more involved with him. They are becoming friends and slowly to lovers.

Loved how their relationship slowly builds from friends to lovers. The banter between the two are a joy to read. Levi does not do relationships, he is a one night kind of guy. He is drawn to Allie and finds he is becoming something he has never done with woman, jealous, possessive, protective and sweet. Loved how he slowly little by little became that way. They are a sweet and sexy couple together with some hot tension but for the love scene it was mild. They are getting hot and heavy but then once the bedroom scene came it starts a new chapter with her waking up in his arms. Now that she knows his secret it is not safe for her to leave so he does something so bad that she does not know if she can ever forgive him. OMG what she told towards the end broke my heart.

Loved all the secondary characters. They added so much to the story. Some funny moments with all the characters. I hope in the future novels we get more back story on them.

As for the world building I wanted a little more info on Levi and his friends. I am hoping in Focus (The Crescent Chronicles) there is more info on his secret and it gets more steamier with actual descriptive love scenes. Even without these, Flight still held my attention that I gave it 4 stars - Loved it and look forward to see where the story takes me in Focus (The Crescent Chronicles #2)







6 comments:

  1. Loved the review Capri :) I'm starting to read NA now & I'll have to add this one my my list. No one has suggested PNR as of yet, so I like the concept of this one.

    Sharonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very mild in the love department, but the storyline with the hero and heroine I loved. I enjoyed the banter between the two and I love a strong will heroine who can hold her own.

      Delete
  2. I liked this one. You are right about the world building- knowing more about Levi and his friends would have been great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still loved it without the knowing more on Levi and his friends. I am looking forward to see what will happen in Focus book #2.

      Delete
  3. I just love a good romance that starts out with the couple being friends first, it only makes the story that much sweeter. Lovely review!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.