Thursday, April 25, 2013

YA Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout




Onyx (Lux #2)
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
E-book 416 pages


Blurb:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
 

 
Kudos to Jennifer L. Armentrout dedicating Onyx to book lovers and book bloggers. I love reading authors dedications and acknowledgements. Jennifer thanked book lovers and bloggers. She also gives thanks to Liz Pelletier, the editor behind the Lux series. Thanking her, because she is the one who demanded that Jennifer put more Daemon into Onyx. Thank you. Thank You. Thank you to Liz for demanding more Daemon in Onyx.

I loved Obsidian, but Jennifer L. Armentrout out did her self with Onyx. Onyx has distrust, betrayal, sadness, happiness, edge of your seat action, jealousy, a lot of surprises, and it is more steamy.

Things between Daemon and Katy are a bit different. She has strong feelings for Daemon as he does for her. But she does not know if his feelings for her are real, because of the way he treated her badly when they first met and then he saved her in Obsidian and now she does not know if it is the connection between them that he is feeling or is it his true feelings. Now there is a new kid, Blake in school and is paying attention to Katy. She wants to put all the alien mojo behind her as much as she can and wants to be normal and date a normal guy. But things are not what they all seemed to be.

Daemon is still just Daemon. I loved how he finds out all Katy wants is to be wooed liked a normal girl. He definitely woos her and of course he loves a challenge. He makes it his mission to show her his feelings for her are real and not because of the connection they have now. You definetly see a jealous and over protective side of him when  Blake starts paying attention to Katy.

There are tons of fun, cute and steamy scenes that are highlighted worthy. Daemon does and I mean does make it his mission to woo Katy. Loved how he brought her a rose too school...*Sigh*. Of course loving the Reindeer Sock and book video scene. All the scenes with Blake are definitely fun. Daemon is still the smartass and even funnier when jealous. Oh boy Daemon knows how to kick ass when any harm is done to Katy. Loved how he would never call him Blake, every other name that starts with a *B* but not Blake. In Obsidian I loved how he was always poking Katy in the back with his pen in class, yeah still got some of those adorable scenes.

I was missing Dee and her friendship with Katy. I love Dee’s character but she is not in as much as in Obsidian.

Enjoyed how Onyx is showing more and more on The DOD and Arums. They are creepier and just evil.

Towards the end is intense and a nail biter. Things happen that I was not sure if ever can be fixed. At one point I was afraid to turn my kindle. I was not sure if it was going to end a cliffhanger, but to my surprise the story kept going and got to see a different side of Daemon. Daemon is still swoon worthy and more in Onyx.

I love good cliffhangers but did not get it in Onyx and I was fine with that because Jennifer L. Armentrout has a way of ending her novels that you still want more now. Kudos to Jennifer for not making us wait a year for Opal (Lux #3). Still have to wait till December but hey I will take that than like some authors who can take up to a year before the next in a series is released. I look forward to see where Jennifer takes us in Opal. The Lux series is a keeper for me as one day would love to read it from the beginning and back to back.

If you have not read Shadow yet it is a must to really get a better feel on Onyx. There are things that happen in Onyx that will be so much better if read Shadow before it. In my opinion I would read Obsidian, Shadows then Onyx. Save a day of just reading when read Onyx. It is hard to put down and you will forget everything and everyone.
 
 
 
 


8 comments:

  1. Great Review! I LOVE the Lux series! I have read it at least 2 times. I loved the way that Daemon fought for Katy in this book to show her his true feelings. She was so stubborn and didn't want to believe it but I think she was just afraid to be hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure she was afraid of getting hurt. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I just read your swoon of this book, now I know after reading your review what I've been missing! I got to read this series!!! Yep, Love that he brought a rose to for her. Also love that he's protective of her. definitely my kind of guy! Awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie I hope you do get a chance to read the Lux Series. Daemon is a swoon worthy hero.

      Delete
  3. Love this book! Great review! thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Loving The Lux series and of course Daemon.

      Delete
  4. Love this series, love Daemon, I read the first two books and plan on reading Shadows ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.