Thursday, April 25, 2013

Swoon: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout



Swoon is a meme featured on Thursdays by YA Bound. From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.


"Whatever, Kitten." Daemon gripped my hips, lifting me onto the edge of the desk with an ease that was disturbing. "I know better."
 
My breath was coming in short gasps. "You don't know anything."

"Uh huh. You know, I was worried about you," he admitted, moving forward, easing my legs apart. "You kept calling my name, and I kept answering, but it was like you couldn't hear me."

What were talking about? My hands were on his lower stomach. His muscles were hard underneath the sweater. I slid my hands to his sides, totally meaning to push him away. Instead, I gripped and pulled him forward. "Wow, I must've been really out of it."

"It...scared me."

Before I could respond or even give thought to the fact that my sickness actually scared him our lips met. My brain clicked off as my fingers dug through his sweater, and...and oh, God , his kisses were deep, scorching my lips as his hands tightened on my waist, pulling me against him.

Daemon kissed like he was a man starving for water, taking long, breathless drafts. His teeth caught my lower lip when he pulled away, only to come back for more......

25 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series! Daemon is a favorite of mine and this is a fab scene!

    My Swoon

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this swoon! I've got to read this series! Need to see why everybody is swooning over this guy Daemon!!! :)

    My Swoon:
    http://iheartyabooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/ya-bound-swoon-thursday-its-getting-hot.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, love it. Thanks for stepping by and sharing. I really need to get around to sexy Deamon! =)
    There's also a 100 Followers Giveaway running on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh I loved this series! Daemon is really one hot swoon-worthy male.
    Great swoon!

    My swoon: http://mycrazybookobsession.blogspot.se/2013/04/swoon-thursday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Onyx! I think it's my favorite one so far. Opal is great, and Obsidian is an amazing start to the series, but Onyx... well, YUM :D

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this series!!! *Squeal* Can't wait for Origin (Lux #4)!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    My Swoon from Of Silver and Beasts and Destiny’s Fire by Trisha Wolfe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man I love this series, great swoon!! Kinda takes me back....

    Thanx for visiting my SWOON!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow *fans self*, Daemon is so deliciously swoon worthy!! Basically every scene with him makes me swoon!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, I do love me some Daemon. I need to read these books again! Great choice!

    Thanks for stopping by my swoon!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daemon definitely makes me swoon! Great swoon! Thanks for checking out my swoon today :D

    Two-Tall-Tales

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! you do know how to tease me. I love this series. One of my all time favorites.
    Awesome swoon!

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great series! I adore this scene- Daemon is HOT!

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daemon! Love that boy. *sigh*

    Sexy Ryan Swoon

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.