Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: On Every Street by Karina Halle




On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy 0.5)
by Karina Halle
Purchase Links: Amazon 
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
 
When young con artist Ellie Watt decides to call herself Eden White and go after the drug lord who ruined her as a child, she never expects to fall for one of his henchmen. But Javier Bernal is no ordinary man. Subtly dangerous and overwhelmingly seductive, Eden finds herself passionately in love with Javier, the very person she's set-up to betray. With her body and heart in a heated battle against her deep need for revenge, no one will walk away from this con a winner.

This 50K word (100+ pages) novella takes place six years before Sins & Needles. It can be read before or after Sins & Needles and may also be read as a standalone.
 
 
 
 
OMG!! Do not read if you like HEA endings. This is one of those novels you are either going to love it or hate it. For me I loved it. I am still in shock by how freakin amazing On Every Street was. Karina Halle is an amazing story teller that had me balling my eyes out towards the end. Wow! What a intense and freakin-fantastic read. Karina Halle has an amazing writing voice and sure knows how to throw in a little something I never saw coming. Not many authors can do what she did and pull it off but she did. If it was not for the amazing writing style that got me feeling what the characters were feeling, I would of not liked how it ended. I was right there smiling, crying and getting all hot an bothered with Ellie and Javier. I would of mostly likely been a tad upset. But she sucked me in from the beginning with a good, refreshing plot, likable and realistic characters.

On Every Street is a Prequel to Sins & Needles. I have yet to read Sins & Needles since On Every Street came out first. On Every Street is the story how Ellie became how she is, a Con Artist. I loved how Ellie the Heroine is a Con Artist as I never read the main character to be this. She has a huge problem as she is falling in love with Javier who is her mark and her in to get to the bad guy she wants to hurt badly for hurting her when she was young. She needs to do this so she can put this all behind her, but she never thought that she would fall in love while trying to get her revenge. I loved her character and thought she was strong will to go to the extreme to get her revenge especially after living with Con Artist Parents. Kudos to Karina Halle for giving just enough detail on her past, training time with Gus (her parents good friend) on training her to be a good Con Artist and leading up to moment she meets her mark Javier.

I want to take sexy-tattoo-hero- Javier home and have my wicked way with him. I found it amazing how this criminal, who has no problem killing some one in cold blood, be a sweet and caring person to Ellie.
 
"I need you, my angel. And I'll do anything and everything to keep you."

I loved how he could tell she was broken on the inside and had no idea what made her broken but he wanted to be the one to fix her.
 
"Why am I good to you?" he repeated, his lips brushing against mine as he spoke. "Because I can see you are broken. And I want nothing more than to put you back together."
 
Their chemistry is hot right from the beginning. The sexual tension got me hot and bothered. I was not a huge fan of how the first sex scene was done, especially how she is a virgin. The first sex scene is still hot and got my girly bits tingly but it is a mild BDSM and felt since she was a virgin it should of been done with out BDSM. I love a dominate hero in and out of the bedroom and Javier is for sure a yummy dominate hero. Karina Halle nails Javier dominate character. I for sure needed a cold shower especially after the beach scene. I felt like I was right there with Ellie doing what he told her to do during their foreplay.

Payday can not get here sooner as I need to know how Ellie’s life will turn out after On Every Street with Sins & Needles. Things are unanswered and unresolved and hope it plays a role in the rest of the series. I felt like things are not what they seem to be as in the little surprise Karina Halle threw was not 100% solved. My heart is still broken after reading this and I need closer. Please Karina Halle not let this be how it ends for Ellie and Javier.
 
 
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.