Thursday, April 18, 2013

ARC Review: Own The Wind by Kristen Ashley




Own the Wind (Chaos #1)
by Kristen Ashley
Publisher: Hachette Book Group, Grand Central Publishing, Forever

Blurb by Goodreads
 
Too hot to handle...

Tabitha Allen grew up in the thick of Chaos--the Chaos Motorcycle Club, that is. Her father is Chaos' leader, and the club has always had her back. But one rider was different from the start. When Tabby was running wild, Shy Cage was there. When tragedy tore her life apart, he helped her piece it back together. And now, Tabby's thinking about much more than friendship...

Tabby is everything Shy's ever wanted, but everything he thinks he can't have. She's beautiful, smart, and as his friend's daughter, untouchable. Shy never expected more than friendship, so when Tabby indicates she wants more--much more--he feels like the luckiest man alive. But even lucky men can crash and burn...



I was excited that Kristen Ashley was doing a spin off series of The Dream Man series with The characters from Chaos MC. Loved it but it did not wow me like the Dream Man series. The intensity, emotional pull, and action was not there for me but was still a good read. Own The Wind is a Good start to a new series.

Tabby and Shy have been friends since she was 16. When she turns 19 there is an incident with them that ruins their friendship. Three years later a tragic incident brings her back into Shy’s life. I loved the growth of their friendship to good friends where they do almost everything together. Loved once they became a couple and Tack who is from Motorcycle Man  (Dream Man Series #4), her father and the president of the Chaos club finds out and  is not too happy. Loved seeing Tack and Tyra. Thank you to Kristen Ashley for keeping Tack’s kick butt ways true to his character from Motorcycle Man especially when it came to his daughter dating Shy who is ladies man and not one for settling down.
 
Shy was bit on the light side in Kristen Ashley’s in-you-face-alpha-male heroes. He is still a sexy alpha male hero that had a few moments where he was in-your-face-alpha male hero just not as intense as her heroes are known for. Loved the first sex scene as it was fan your self and was different than she has ever done.

For new readers you do not need to read the Dream Man series before to know what is going on with Tabby because Kristen Ashley does a good job with highlights that happened in Motor Cycle Man (Dream Man series #4). Highly recommend reading Dream Man series to get a good feel of Tack.

Enjoyed all the secondary characters. Loved meeting new characters like Landon who is Shy’s brother hope we get to see more of him. Curious about Hop and Lanie, excited that their story is coming out in June, Fire Inside (Chaos #2).

Love the covers for the Chaos series, so far Fire Inside being my favorite. Loved the editing of her novel and how some senseless stuff has been taken away.

ARC provided by publisher, Hachette Book Group, GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING, FOREVER for an honest review.
 


 






6 comments:

  1. OOoohhhh! I just officlally graduated from being a Kristen Ashley Virgin! Yah! Loving her books so far. I may need to take a short break, she has many series I need to get through. This one sounds pretty good! I"ll deifnitely be sure to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean I still have so many of her novels I have yet to read. I am slowly working my way through her list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to read a K. Ashley book. I have several on my NOOK that need to be opened up AsAP. great review Capri :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to see what you think of your KA novels. At Peace is my favorite and all of the Dream Man series are great.

      Delete
  4. I LOVED this book! I adored Shy and you are right that first sex scene. Whew, wish it had been me. LOL I do enjoy me some Kristen Ashely with Alpha ALPHA males sassy females and sense of humor. =)

    -Amanda P

    Lets Get Romantical
    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that first sex scene was with me too. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.