Tuesday, April 2, 2013

ARC Review (NA): Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire



Walking Disaster
by Jamie McGuire
Publisher: Atria Books
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
Walking Disaster is Travis' POV.

How much is too much to love?

Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. Just when he thought he was invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Jamie McGuire's New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster Abby had her say. Now it's time to see the story through Travis's eyes.
 
 

It is important that you read Beautiful Disaster first to really understand Walking Disaster. It has been awhile since I read Beautiful Disaster and for me I was not lost but it helped me understand some scenes that to others will not make sense since this is Travis POV. Still to this day I do not know what I think of Beautiful Disaster. I would probably rate it 3 stars - like it. One of the main things in Beautiful Disaster was that I was not always feeling the characters. I really wanted to feel what Travis was feeling with all his anger. Because of this I was so looking forward to reading Walking Disaster and getting in Travis’s head to find out what makes him so angry.
 
Right in the beginning we find out what makes him the way he is in the prologue with his mom dying. This should of been a heart wrenching moment scene and it did nothing for me. There are some scenes that did break my heart a little for him that I really could feel his heartache and pain, but then some scenes, it read just like Beautiful Disaster but just from his POV that I could not get what he was feeling. The reason for this in both books the writing at times can be flat. Telling the readers what the character is doing with no description on their emotions. I was hoping it would be more intense since it was Travis’s POV. I loved the scene with his dad and brother. It was nice to see him talk to his Dad about Abby. I did love some scenes when they were together and happy for a moment.
 
Wow I do not remember disliking Abby’s character from Beautiful Disaster. Coming from Travis’s POV she annoyed me. I do not understand how she could not take a hint that Travis likes her.
 
For Me Walking Disaster was 3 star - Like It read, right up there with Beautiful Disaster. I am bummed as I was hoping to love it more than Beautiful Disaster. It is not a bad thing that it is 3 star rating because I still liked it and glad I read it.

ARC provided by the Publisher, Atria Books at  NetGalley for an honest review.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.