Thursday, June 28, 2012

Secretly Crushing On... #9








Hello Lovelies. Secretly Crushing On  is a weekly feature that is held on Thursdays, hosted by me from  Wickedly Delicious Book Blog.  This is a blog hop geared towards book lovers preferably ages 18+ with the objective to find and visit other blogs that share the same interest as you... a love for Sexy Reads with  a Hot Hero your are Secretly Crushing On. It can be an old book or new read.  

How to join:
    • Make a separate post for the Secretly Crushing On hop on your blog.
    • Copy the button above or place your own (as long as you link back to Wickedly Delicious Book Blog) on top of your post.
    • Pick your Secretly Crushing On candidate with an old book or currant read. Give a reason for your pick or give a little teaser or both.
    • Place your name and blog title in the linky below, as well as the URL for a direct link to the post.
    • Visit other blogs on the list and make some new friends

My Secret crush..


Promises Reveal (Promises Series #4)
by Sarah McCarty Web


Blurb:
He’s a man who survives by his wits and lives by his own code.  Along the way he’s left a trail of broken hearts, broken bones, and quite a few broken laws. But when he gives his heart to the right woman, it comes with a promise he’ll never, ever break…

Dedicated artist Evie Washington doesn’t fancy herself the marrying kind. But the moment she admitted that her faceless portrait of a naked man was modeled on the devilishly handsome Reverend Swanson, the whole town assumed her innocence had been ruined. Now her family’s determined to save her reputation—even if it means taking away her hard-won freedom.
It's Brad “Shadow” Swanson's preacher status that's a pose—to avoid the law . Now he's been convicted of the one crime he didn’t commit. And if he doesn’t step up and marry Evie, he’ll have to admit his true identity and replace his collar with a noose. Of course, a life sentence in the spirited beauty’s bed wouldn’t exactly be torture—and it just might be the key to making an honest man out of him…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why:
Brad is sweet , protective, sexy and possessive. I have only read this book in the series. I do plan on reading the others.  Her Heroes are yummy with an alpha attitude, especially her Hell's Eight series.

I do love a protective/jealous/possessive hero:

Evie jerked her arm. She might as well have been tugging against iron. "I'm not hysterical."
Brad, darn his hide, just kept smiling that same pleasant smile he'd been wearing since he walked in the door. "I'll keep that in mind." He still didn't look at her. "And Herschel?"

"What?"

"You touch my wife again and I'll kill you."


He is a wickedly delicious lover: Love this part with a old wooden table, next to the door to the church and later the mother knocking.  Here is just a little teaser, really must read to get the whole effect. Loved It!!! Enjoy lovelies.

Cotton tore again as he made room for the press of his mouth. The church door rattled under the breeze. She almost jumped out of her skin. From the corner of her eye the cross over the alter loomed.

"We're going to hell for this."

His tongue slipped between her folds in a leisurely pass. "It'll be a fun trip."

"You're angry at me."

"Getting less annoyed by the minute." His tongue laved, lips kissed, teeth nipped.

She gasped under the searing bolt of lightning that shot deep. "Someone could come in."

"Then you better pay attention and get over your hysteria fast, because I'm not stopping until you do."

I am not a huge Historical romance fan and only a few authors I enjoy reading.  Sarah McCarty writes some of the yummiest Erotic Historical Romance with sexy alpha male heroes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing -- I'll have to add to my mess of a TBR pile. I am so behind -- I haven't been able to join in your features for a while -- I am going to have to change that b/c I love them -- you have my favorite ones to participate in. I'll have to so them on Sunday and start scheduling them for the week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie. Thanks for stopping my SCO. You are too sweet. I do not mind if you do not join in. I wanted a section for my fave couples and book boyfriends and thought I would make a Meme just in case anybody wanted to join in and share theirs. Hope you are having a great weekend.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.