Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Review: Reaper's Fall by Joanna Wylde

Reapers's Fall by Joanna Wylde
Series: Reapers MC #5
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Berkley on November 10, 2015
Pages: 384
Format: Kindle
Source: Bought

He never meant to hurt her.

Levi “Painter” Brooks was nothing before he joined the Reapers motorcycle club. The day he patched in, they became his brothers and his life. All they asked in return was a strong arm and unconditional loyalty—a loyalty that’s tested when he’s caught and sentenced to prison for a crime committed on their behalf.

Melanie Tucker may have had a rough start, but along the way she’s learned to fight for her future. She’s escaped from hell and started a new life, yet every night she dreams of a biker whose touch she can’t forget. It all started out so innocently—just a series of letters to a lonely man in prison. Friendly. Harmless. Safe.

Now Painter Brooks is coming home… and Melanie’s about to learn that there’s no room for innocence in the Reapers MC.
  
Rating: 3 Stars - Liked It
 
Thoughts: I have loved all Reapers MC Novels. I was excited to read Painters Story. But sad to say his book was not a big hit for me. Was not all bad just went in with different expectations.

Reaper’s Fall started off good. Loved that they were friends first and he was a painter. But as the story progressed it just started to get a little boring. Really nothing exciting was happening. They did have a few cute and good moments. I was really missing the angst that I was expecting. That is more my bad. Finally something interesting happened and the story started to pick up.

Series Order / Rating
#3 Devil's Game - 5
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm only on book 3 in this series but I like the angst too, JoLee. I'm sorry Painter's story didn't hit all the marks for you. Hopefully the next one will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like angst when it is meant to be. I got that impression from previous book. I guess I just looked way into the situation.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE this series, but this book didn't make a huge impression on me but I still liked it quite a bit, just not as much as the other books. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series sounds like a decent book. I joined the Bad Boys of Romance Challenge and need to get my butt working on MC reads - well rocker reads for me.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.