Thursday, December 19, 2013

(NA) Review: Killing Sarai by J.A. Redmerski



Killing Sarai (In the Company of Killers #1)
by J.A. Redmerski
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
From the author of the New York Times, USA Today & Wall Street Journal bestselling novel, THE EDGE OF NEVER, comes a story of passion and survival… Sarai was only fourteen when her mother uprooted her to live in Mexico with a notorious drug lord. Over time she forgot what it was like to live a normal life, but she never let go of her hope to escape the compound where she has been held for the past nine years.

Victor is a cold-blooded assassin who, like Sarai, has known only death and violence since he was a young boy. When Victor arrives at the compound to collect details and payment for a hit, Sarai sees him as her only opportunity for escape. But things don’t go as planned and instead of finding transport back to Tucson, she finds herself free from one dangerous man and caught in the clutches of another.

While on the run, Victor strays from his primal nature as he succumbs to his conscience and resolves to help Sarai. As they grow closer, he finds himself willing to risk everything to keep her alive; even his relationship with his devoted brother and liaison, Niklas, who now like everyone else wants Sarai dead.

As Victor and Sarai slowly build a trust, the differences between them seem to lessen, and an unlikely attraction intensifies. But Victor’s brutal skills and experience may not be enough in the end to save her, as the power she unknowingly holds over him may ultimately be what gets her killed.

This is their story…
 
 
 
 
 
 
Killing Sarai for me started off a bit slow. I love J.A. Redmerski writing voice but this is the second novel I have read by her that takes a bit for something to happen that "wows" me. In Killing Sarai  when the wow moment hit boy does it hit hard with an edge of your seat, nail biting moment readers do not know what is going to happen next or who to trust.  From there on out it is a hard novel to put down.
 
Sarai has seen and been through a lot in her life that has left her numb to danger.  She is unstable and is good at hiding it from everyone and herself. She is a ticking bomb ready to explode. She is not discipline and is more dangerous than Victor who is a killer.
 
I am crushing on Victor at this moment. I do love those dark heroes and Oh My he is on the darker side. With him you never know if he wants to kill her or fuck her. He has lived a dark lonely life with solitude and death. He is emotional unattached to anyone and anything. He just might have met his match with Sarai.
 
I loved both characters as individuals and adore them more together. They are perfect for each other and can relate to each other considering what have they have been through in their lives. I did fine the sexual tension not as steamy has I have read another novel by J.A. Redmerski but it did fit well with their situation and the plot line. Their intimate time together is hot fan your self and fit well with Victor's dark side.
 
Love the ending, it is not a HEA or jaw dropping cliffhanger but a good way to start the next novel in the series. I do look forward to see what J.A. Redmerski has in store for her fans,
 
.
 
 
 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it, it's N° 5 on my reading list (soon !) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I loved J.A. Redmerski's books The Mayfair Moon and Kindred, but haven't branched out and read any of her other books. This sounds good! Adding it to my TBR!

    XOXO Kayla,
    www.thatgirlkg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading The Mayfair Moon. Heard great things about it.

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to read this one. I have it on my Kindle, I just haven't gotten to it yet, I'll have to make some time. =)

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.