Monday, September 23, 2013

Sample Mondays: Unspoken by Jen Frederick

 
Sample Monday is a meme hosted by Salacious Reads. What a great way to share novels you have downloaded onto your e-reader to give you a taste before you buy it.
 
 

I do not remember how I found Unspoken but read the first review and said  "Alpha Male" downloaded the sample, read and ASAP had to have more.  I am liking it, Jen writing voice is smooth and enjoying Bo and AnneMarie but I am about 46% into it and  nothing is wowing me yet. Bo so far is a swoon worthy, charming, sweetheart but I have yet to see his "Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered" side.  He has says many times he wants to kick some Lacrosse guys butts that have started bad rumors about AnneMarie but have yet to act on it. I am loving the friendship they are building and  the fun bantering between them. I am just waiting for that wow moment where I can not put it down.

Unspoken (Woodlands, #2)

by Jen Frederick

Sampler: Amazon

Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary.

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her.

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.

2 comments:

  1. I still have to get into NA reads, but wow...love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it would be good. too bad its not wowing you.

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.