Tuesday, December 17, 2013

ARC Review: First Temptation by Joan Swan

 
 
First Temptation (Covert Affairs #1.5)
by Joan Swan
Purchase Links: Amazon  Barnes & Noble
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
Counterterrorist agent Taft Walker knows the Mexican cartel smuggling game. But posing as part owner of an adult store to ferret out the newest tunnel into the US is a first. So is Zoe Brooks, his partner, new to undercover and a sex-toy virgin. Taft’s up for the sexy challenge. At least until he sees the real Zoe beneath her tough façade and realizes, for the first time in his life, he’ll have to risk his heart to win.

After the death of a teammate, Border Patrol Agent Zoe Brooks is ready to get off the front lines. She’s willing to tolerate a swaggering partner like Taft for a chance to work investigations with ICE. But she’s not prepared for the way he understands her deepest, sexiest desires. Or the fact that she’ll have to break her own rules to grab hold of the passion she’s always wanted.

 
 




The cover alone caught my attention. Sexy and eye catching. First Temptation starts off with great action with a kick butt heroine Zoe. Loved how it started and how her and Taft first meet. I was not big on the insta-love but like a lot of novella's that is what happens sometimes. It is a hot fan your self and enjoyable read. I did like Joan Swan writing voice and writing style but I was hoping to be more wowed with Zoe and Taft relationship. I do already have a few of her other novels that I will be trying.
 
ARC provided by author at NetGalley for an honest review.



2 comments:

  1. That cover is pretty eye catching! I'm really liking that one. I've read one other by her and enjoyed it. Rush? It's an adult paranormal of sorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I have the first in this series and I think it is Rush also from her Paranormal series. I know I have one from that genre.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.