Tuesday, October 1, 2013

ARC Review: Shooting Scars by Karina Halle


Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy #2)
by Karina Halle
Publisher: Forever (Grand Central Publishing)
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
Blurb by Goodreads
Sometimes the right choice can be the deadliest.

When Ellie Watt made the ultimate sacrifice for Camden McQueen, she never thought it would be easy. But walking away with her ex-lover, Javier Bernal, in order to ensure Camden’s safety has brought a whole new set of dangers. With Javier’s plans for Ellie growing more secretive by the moment, Ellie must find a way to stay ahead of the game before her past swallows her whole.

Meanwhile, Camden’s new life is short-lived. Fueled by revenge and pursued by authorities, he teams up with an unlikely partner in order to save Ellie. But as Camden toes the line between love and retribution, he realizes that in order to get back the woman he loves, he may have to lose himself in the process. He might just turn into the very man he’s hunting.

Told in dual POV from Camden and Ellie.



 
Shooting Scars is Dark, addicting, edge of your seat thrill ride with many twist and turns that I could not swipe my kindle fast enough to see how the ride was going to end.

What I loved most about Shooting Scars was not only was it a dark read with many surprises with lots of twist and turns but I was surprised by how some scenes had me giggling.  There is a huge love triangle in Shooting Scars and loved it. There is the Dark and twisted Javier and the sweet Camden that has a dark side buried deep inside that both want Ellie. I am torn between the two and can not decide if I am Team Javier because, I have a love/hate relationship with him or Team Camden, he is the best for Ellie. These two hate each other. 

Javier has many layers and are peeled away little by little through out the story. One moment I am crushing on him and next I want to strangle him. Since starting this series I needed answers about him and Ellie. Wow did I get them and at one point was shocked and could not believe what I was reading and the next I felt bad for him because of the great length he goes through to get revenge.

I loved that the story is also with Camden POV.  It added so much to the story.  Readers really get inside his head and see his inner dark side come out through out the novel. The love he has for Ellie and the great lengths he would go through to make sure she is safe and with him is awesome. Camden is no wimp when it comes to protecting Ellie. He can throw some mean punches and  hold his own with Javier or anyone that stands in his way. Not many people can go head to head with Javier like Ellie and Camden do.

The ending was perfect and I look forward to what Karina Halle has in store for her fans. Should make for a very interesting read.

ARC provided by publisher, Forever (Grand Central Publishing) NetGalley for an honest review.
 

2 comments:

  1. I read the intro novella but haven't made it back to the series yet. Sounds like I need to soon! I think it's time I get on it and meet Camden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never want to strangle Javier. I just want to pet him and make him mine. ;) Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.