Monday, December 22, 2014

Review (NA): Unspoken by Jen Frederick

Unspoken (Woodlands #2)
by Jen Frederick
 
Synopsis
Whore. Slut. Typhoid Mary.

I've been called all these at Central College. One drunken night, one act of irresponsible behavior, and my reputation was ruined. Guys labeled me as easy and girls shied away. To cope, I stayed away from Central social life and away from Central men, so why is it that my new biology lab partner is so irresistible to me?

He's everything I shouldn't want. A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women. His fists aren't the danger to me, though, it's his charm. He's sliding his way into my heart and I'm afraid that he's going to be the one to break me.

Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot tempered.

I allow instinct to rule my behavior. If it feels good, do it, has been my motto because if I spend too much time thinking, I'll begin to remember exactly where I came from. At Central College, I've got fighting and I've got women and I thought I was satisfied until I met her.

She's everything I didn't realize I wanted and the more time I spend with her, the more I want her. But she's been hurt too much in the past and I don't want to be the one to break her. I know I should walk away, but I just can't.





 
Rating: 3 Stars - Like It
Genre:  New Adult - Contemporary Romance
Heat: Hot - Fan Yourself
Source: Bought

The delicious hero on the cover caught my attention. Then reading the synopsis with a hero who is "A former Marine involved in illegal fighting with a quick trigger temper and an easy smile for all the women."...."Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot Tempered".  One click and this baby was mine. To my disappointment Bo, the hero was not "Impulsive. Unthinking. Hot Tempered".  My problem with Bo is he was all talk. Many times when the Lacrosse Team would give AM (Did not like her nickname) the heroine a bad time all Bo would do is say how he wants to beat the crap out of them. His reason for not acting on his intentions was because she keeps his anger at bay. Around 60% I finally got a moment of Bo losing his control and fist were flying. Sadly this was the high of the novel. Nothing really went anywhere with this novel. It had the same tone up until 60%. I really wanted some highs and lows with this novel.

Aside from my disappoint I actually enjoyed AM and Bo as individual characters and their friendship first before leading to a relationship. I enjoyed their little banters with each other. Loved that he never rushed her into a relationship. He was fine with being friends even though they both wanted more.
 
This is the 2nd novel in Woodlands and was not lost at all. Unfortunately the first couple or other secondary characters did not catch my attention enough to continue with the series. I do have Last Hit (Hitman #1). As I love mafia-hitman theme I am going to give another go for this author.
 
Add to Goodreads
 
Purchase Link: Amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.