Sunday, June 9, 2013

ARC Review: The Awakening: Aidan by Abby Niles



The Awakening: Aidan
by Abby Niles
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Purchase Links: Amazon   Barnes & Noble

Blurb by Goodreads
 
Is the gift of eternal love a blessing or a curse?

After years of counseling grieving shifters, psychiatrist and half-shifter, Dr. Jaylin Avgar has become jaded on shifter mating. She wants to marry a human and forget about the love for eternity crap. Then she meets Aidan O’Connell, an infuriatingly laid back shifter who represents everything she doesn’t want. Yet, the more he pursues her, the more she craves a future with him. Only one thing stands in her way: death. Can she overcome her fear of losing Aidan to the one guarantee in life?

Millionaire consultant, Aidan O’Connell knows he’ll one day meet a woman who’ll awaken an unrelenting mating instinct. Unfortunately, that woman is Jaylin, who has no qualms about telling him that he and his so-called eternity can shove it. When she pushes him away, he takes a drastic step so she can no longer escape. The close proximity throws the instinct into overdrive. Can he control the need engrained in him until he’s certain she will reciprocate the bond, or will a moment of weakness doom him to hell on earth?


I love the idea of the mating process but was a little confused at times what everything meant. I felt like I was right along with the characters step by step as they try to figure out the mating process. For me this did take away from the story and got a bit frustrated at times because I felt I missed something.

I enjoyed the characters Aidan, Jaylin, Liam. Jaylin was hit and miss for me through out the novel. At times she did bother me with her actions. She new when Aidan asked for a second kiss it was going to effect him with one of the mating process but she allowed him anyway. Even after she gotten mad at him for kissing her the first time with out her consent because she was afraid he would go through the mating process and she did not want a shifter as a mate. Then at times I enjoyed her backbone.


Now Aidan I adored his character. He was sweet, sexy and goes after what he wants and that being Jaylin. I did like he was not a push over and let her have it a few times with his cruel words when she kept playing games with him.

Liam I also adored and felt bad that he was going through this mating process and part of it was because he was being rejected by his mate that puts him in a brooding state of mind.

I liked that the novel is a bit different in the Paranormal Romance with the authors idea of shifters and humans having different heavens and of a mating process, but would of loved it if there was some kind of dictionary in the front or back with her word meanings. Curious if this is a series and if so, if Liam would be next and some how get his HEA.

ARC provided by publisher, Entangled Publishing, LLC for an honest review


Add To Goodreads




1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. New to me series but sounds like one I might enjoy. Will add it to the tbr pile :) I always enjoy seeing different takes on shifters

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.