Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Review (NA) / Quote-Tastic: Just For Now by Abbi Glines


Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed ya for one reason or another.
Everyone's welcome to join in. Authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier! Herding Cats & Burning Soup.



Just for Now (Sea Breeze #4)
by Abbi Glines
 
Synopsis
An insatiable attraction heats to the boiling point in this steamy book set in the shore town of Sea Breeze from the author of the white-hot The Vincent Boys.

Preston is one bad boy. And Amanda has harbored a crush on him for forever. When she finally makes her move on him, it does not end well. But still, she can’t resist him. Especially now that he seems to be pursuing her, too.

No one wants them to be together. Not Amanda’s brother Marcus, who is on the verge of his marriage to Low, and definitely not any of Preston’s buddies. They know way too much about Preston’s dark side. Even Preston realizes he’s not good enough for someone like her.

But Amanda believes there is more to Preston than his bad boy persona, and she is determined to unearth what he’s hiding behind his seductive blue eyes—secrets that could explain his actions. Secrets Amanda might not be able to forgive.

Yet the dangerous attraction persists...and neither Preston nor Amanda is going to deny it.



 
Quote-Tastic #1
Preston just broke my heart because it is so true he did not need taming he really only needed saving.
 
"I could never be what she wanted. She thought I was like Cage and the right girl could tame me. It wasn't about that. I didn't need taming. I needed fucking saving."
 
Quote-Tastic #2
Oh I could not resist this Quote. Swoon moment for me.

Preston pulled me up against his chest and cupped my face in his hands. "I love you. I love you so damn much it consumes me. I don’t deserve you, but I’m gonna become the man who does deserve you. I promise you. I’ll make you proud of me."
 
I reached up and ran my thumb over his lips. "I am and will always be proud of you. I want the world to know you’re mine."  


 
 
Rating: 5 Stars - Amazing
Genre: New Adult - Contemporary Romance
Heat - Steamy - Cold Shower Needed
Source: Bought
 
I had not expectations going into Preston and Amanda's story and was pleasantly surprised how much it affected me. There is one thing I loved about Abbi Glines novels in The Sea Breeze series not one is alike.

Preston's character I totally adore and he broke my heart. What he does for his siblings is crazy but amazing. He has a dark secret he keeps hidden even from his best friends. He makes everyone believe he is a bad boy that all he wants is one night stands, but really that is a front for him to keep his secret hidden. Abbi Glines did amazing work on Preston's thoughts and actions when it came to a certain family member. Loved having his thoughts in his POV as they were right on with someone in his predicament with that one family member. They were at times harsh and if one was not in his shoes you would think he was a jerk. By this she made his character come to life.

I love a heroine who goes after what she wants. Amanda wants Preston. It is refreshing as do not see that in a lot of novels. I loved that she never gave up on Preston even though he was hot and cold. Preston does want Amanda but knows he can not have anything with her because of his secret. But her being so persuasive it makes it harder for him to step back. Amanda thinks he needs taming but really he needs saving. I felt she was the perfect heroine for him to be saved by. I loved once she found out about one of his secrets she was so supported of him and helpful. 

Just for now was a page turner for me and Abbi Glines best work in the Sea Breeze series. I could not swipe my kindle fast enough to find out when and how Amanda does when she finds out his big secret. Bravo Abbi Glines, Bravo.

Once again Abbi Glines did not have any big twist in her novel that I love. But that did not make it any less amazing. I think if there was a twist it would be too much. For me Just For Now is perfect the way it is. For me this is going to be  a hard one to top.

Add To Goodreads

Purchase Link: Amazon
 

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I can't read it and not want that book !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that sounds wonderful! I've not tried her books yet but I have a couple on my tbr pile. Will add this one too :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.