Thursday, August 25, 2016

Review / Swoon: Marked by Rebecca Zanetti

Rating: 5 Stars - Amazing

Series: Dark Protectors #7
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: eKensington
Publication Date:
Format: Kindle
Pages: 304
Source: Bought



Synopsis by Goodreads:
Janie Kayrs has known Zane almost her whole life. He was her friend in the dream world. She trusted him. But that was before he kidnapped her, spiriting her away to an isolated cabin to learn what her dreams never told her. Like how dangerous he looks. How he got on the wrong side of the negotiating table. And how much sexier he is in real life. . .

Zane is a battle-hardened warrior, used to command and solitude. But Janie has drawn him from the minute they met. His need for her could destroy everything he's worked for, but the risk is too sweet not to take it. They call her the Chosen One. But when it comes down to the questions of peace or war, life or death, safety or passion, it will be Janie who makes the choice. . .

Love is about to start conquering. . .

What I love most about Zane and Janie was his protectiveness and her feistiness. Left for some fun banter.
 
Oh, hell no. Zane grasped both her arms and set her behind him. Then he held up a finger to Talen Kayrs. "Give me a minute." Turning his back on one of the most dangerous vampires in history, he glared down at her. "Never, and I mean fucking never, get between me and somebody who wants to hit me. Got it?"
 
Blue flashed hard and pissed in her gorgeous eyes. "Right now I want to hit you."


 
 
Spoil Free Review
I have loved Janie and Zane in their dreamworld since they first met. For them to have their own story outside of the dreamworld was awesome. Loved that readers did not have to wait a zillon books before they got their own  story. Rebecca Zanetti did a great job at gradually building these characters friendship with teasesrs in each book and did something I have yet to see.  In one book it actually jumped ahead a few years so they would be in their 20's. Brilliant so readers would not have to wait forever since they were kids.
 
Marked was all kinds of amazing with many "I did not see that coming moments" and "edge of my seat moments".  I fell harder for Zane. He will do anything to protect Janie and his loved ones. What made his character feel so real is that deep inside he is afraid of failing and loosing his loved ones. Zane and Janie were perfect for eachother. He is over protective of her but she can hold her own. After all she has been raised by her over protective dad and uncles. Loved that she was feisty and had a smartmouth. The banter between her and Zane left for some giggle moments.
 
Marked was unpredictable with suprises and twists that I could not swipe my kindle fast enough.
 
 

Swoon Thursday
Swoon Thursday was a meme by YA Bound. Now with their permission it is hosted by Naomi's Reading Palace. From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering.

7 comments:

  1. Oooo, this book! I have it on my TBR, but I've not read it before. I've read one book by this author and I liked it. Wonderful swoon choice!

    Have a fabulous day! Hope you'll check out my swoon post. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy Zanbe and Janie story as much as I did. Love this author and awesome series. Hope you get a chance to also read this series from the beggining.

      Delete
  2. oh I had a blast with this book. Zanetti is fabulous right? And this was the perfect ending to a great series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rebecca Zanetti is fabulous and perfect ending to a great series. One of the things I love about her work all her series are not that long and all different. Got PNR, RS, CR and post-apocalyptic romance.

      Delete
  3. Sigh... This is an author I still haven't tried... and I'm kicking myself! This sounds like it was a fun read JoLee! And the tease... I love that he takes a moment to address her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice for a swoon I loved this whole series and this was one of my Favorite books

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.