Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Review: Enslaved By The Ocean by Bella Jewel

Enslaved By The Ocean (Criminals Of The Ocean #1)
by Bella Jewel
 
Synopsis
Indigo is running, she has no other choice. She's done something bad, and the only way to escape it, is to flee her home, and her country. She sets out on a luxury Yacht, to take her to another country with her best friend Eric. But she runs into a problem.

The Yacht catches fire.

She ends up stranded in the ocean, terrified, and scared of the uncertain. Until they show up. The pirates. Terrified, Indigo and Eric have to face the reality that this might be the end for them. These are pirates, they are the criminals of the ocean. What chance have they got of surviving this nightmare?

Then she lays eyes on Hendrix. He's the Captain, he's gorgeous, rugged, and mean. He's planning on keeping her to repay his debt to another man, by selling her. Now Indigo has a crazy ex after her, as well as a pirate she can't seem to get out of her head.

Come on this heart wrenching, dark, angsty and dangerous adventure as two people so opposite, find something so beautiful.

 
 
 
Rating: 3 Stars - Liked It
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Heat: Hot - Fan Yourself
Source: Kindle Unlimited
 
I have been wanting to try a Bella Jewel novel for sometime now. Thought I would start with EBTO because lately I have been into dark and angsty reads. It started off bit on the dark side but not overly dark to me. That is because I have read more darker reads, but some readers might have not and would consider this on the darker side.
 
This is my first Pirate novel and loved the feel of it. Hendrix and his crew were devoted to each other and loved the boys club feel with their teasing and banter. I did not know what to think of Hendrix in the beginning. Loved that Bella Jewel created a character who I was not sure about. He comes off as a jerk and would not want it any other way. After all he is the one who captures Indigo and is to sell her to another man to repay a debt. As the story progress he slowly weaned his way into my heart.  Of course loved his alpha male attitude with a dirty talking mouth.
 
Indigo was a spit fire and admire her strength. I loved her devotion to get off the ship. She was a hoot at times. Some of the stuff she said were on the cheesy side but it worked for me. She had me smiling instead of rolling my eyes. "Shark Week" liner was a giggle moment and I can not believe she went there.
 
EBTO started off strong and loved where it was heading but the first twist was not a shocking moment for me. The story kind of went a little down hill for me. I felt the first twist moment was handled too easy needed more time spent on it. But then the ending did pick up with a "What The Fuck Just Happened" moment that I do look forward to see where Bella Jewel is taking Criminals Of The Ocean series with the 2nd installment Where Darkness Lies.
 
Add To Goodreads
 
Purchase Link: Amazon
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Great review hun. I really liked this one, and I loved the whole pirate theme contemporary style. Well about that whole ending...you just need to read the second book to find out what happens. LOL. It has some twists you won't see coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anxious to read the next one. The ending was the best. Look foward to some good twist moments.

      Delete
  2. I've got it ! And (as usual) I haven't read it yet, but I couldn't resist buying a novel with a dirty talking pirate ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to see what you think of Bella Jewel's sexy dirty talking pirate.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.