Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review: Mister Black by P.T. Michelle

Mister Black (In The Shadows #1)
by P.T. Michele
 
Synopsis
** New York Times, USA Today, and International Bestselling series! **

We all have someone who crossed our path and fundamentally changed us. That one person who blew through our lives, their presence forever stamped on our psyche. They linger in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in the decisions we make. A soul crusher or a dream maker, depending on the perspective.

My person is MISTER BLACK.
I didn’t know him by that name when I first met him.
I didn’t know him at all, but the impression he left behind was just as powerful as the name I call him today.

He is Black: a deadly enforcer and masterful seducer.
I am Red: a justice bleeder and willing participant.
Together we are passion. Colors colliding through each other’s lives.

When our secrets converge in a passionate encounter,
stepping out of the shadows just might be worth the risk.

NOTE: MISTER BLACK is meant for readers 18+ due to mature content. This is part 1 in the IN THE SHADOWS serial and is 125 print pages. Part 2, SCARLETT RED, is novel-length at 275 print pages. Part 3, BLACKEST RED is coming and will also be novel length.




 
 
Rating: 3 Stars - Liked It
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Heat: Hot-Fan Yourself
 
I have read two books by P.T. Michelle writing as Patrice Michelle in her Bad In Boots series and they were 5 stars reads for me. I fell in love with her writing voice and storytelling. Unfortunately her storytelling kind of missed the mark for me in Mister Black. I did not hate it but then again I did not love it either. 
 
Loved how it started with the prologue where Talia is younger and is the first time she meets Mister Black. Even at a younger age he was still a caring character. I could not wait to read more about him and why Talia was running away. Here is my problem by the end of the book I was still left with some  unanswered questions. There is another mystery going on with Mister Black sister and it is somehow connected with Talia's past. The problem I have is nothing is solved by the end of the book. I get this is a series and I am sure more will be resolved with in the 2nd novel but I wanted to at least have the mystery with his sister played out more.
 
I still loved P.T. Michelle writing voice in Mister Black. I loved both characters together and individually. Their chemistry is hot from the start when older. Mister Black is a sexy dominant hero who knows how to work his tongue in the bedroom. The sex scene is well written with a bit of a dirty talker but it was too long and drawn out for me. Since it is a novella I would of prefer sex scene cut a little and some of the other storyline played out more.

Mister Black is a decent start to a promising series that I look forward to more of Talia and Mister Black.

Add To Goodreads

Purchase Link: Amazon
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.