Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: Slave To Sensation by Nalini Singh





Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
by Nalini Singh
Purchase Links: Amazon  Barnes & Noble
Source: Own
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
THE HOT NEW NAME IN PARANORMAL ROMANCE.
 
Nalini Singh dives into a world torn apart by a powerful race with phenomenal powers of the mind-and none of the heart.
 
In a world that denies emotions, where the ruling Psy punish any sign of desire, Sascha Duncan must conceal the feelings that brand her as flawed. To reveal them would be to sentence herself to the horror of "rehabilitation" - the complete psychic erasure of everything she ever was...
 
Both human and animal, Lucas Hunter is a changeling hungry for the very sensations the Psy disdain. After centuries of uneasy coexistence, these two races are now on the verge of war over the brutal murders of several changeling women. Lucas is determined to find the Psy killer who butchered his packmate, and Sascha is his ticket into their closely guarded society. But he soon discovers that this ice-cold Psy is very capable of passion - and that the animal in him is fascinated by her. Caught between their conflicting worlds, Lucas and Sascha must remain bound to their identities - or sacrifice everything for a taste of darkest temptation...
 


 




Spoil Free Review

Back when I started Psy-Changeling series I was and still am a huge Christine Feehan fan and it was her quote on the cover ("I love this book! It's a must read for all my fans.") that got me interested in wanting to read this series. Instantly fell in love with Psy-Changeling series and Nalini Singh writing style.

Slave To Sensation is one of those novels I would love to go back and read for the first time and experience the unique world between Changeling's and Psy that Nalini Singh has brilliantly created. Loved that she brought a mixture of sci fi and paranormal together. For me I have never and still have not read anything like this.

Loved the layers that were peeled away little by little in Sascha's character. She starts off emotionless and a bit spineless. But that is how she was raised. Enjoyed how she gradually showed her emotions and for sure got a backbone especially when it came to Lucas. Sascha is a sweetheart once it came to Lucas pack.

Now Lucas is what I love in my cat shifter heroes. He is protective of the ones he loves but is also a sweetheart. Working side by side with Sascha his cat and him become infatuated with her. He becomes possessive and protective of her. He  has an alpha male attitude but knows when to take down a notch when it comes to her. I loved that there is no insta love, readers are right along with these characters getting to know each other and rooting for them to become a couple and once they do they are hot fan your-self together.
 
Nalini Singh does an outstanding job at bringing many characters together with out taking away from the main characters. I love in my novels secondary characters and when done right add so much to the story line. All secondary characters play into her story line and she never bombards readers with too much info on them. She gives readers just  enough info to where readers want to know more about them. All the different characters with the mixed breeds, wolf and cat shifters and even the psy bring Slave To Sensation to life. Everyone has their own voice and personality. Even though this novel is Paranormal Romance her characters and world feel real. I love how they are all known to the world and live everyday life like real families.  For me I love mix breeds and the journey with Cat and Wolf Shifters working together to find the killer was at times a hoot.
 
Nalini Singh is the queen of Alpha Male heroes. I loved that there are many alpha males in her story and they never feel out of place. I have fallen a tad behind in Psy-Changeling series and excited I am able to partake in 2014 Psy-Changeling read a long hosted by Herding Cats & Burning Soup and Aly Miscellany. Look for forward to next up for Feb. Vaughn story in Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2).

Add To Goodreads








9 comments:

  1. I really must do a reread of this series, and play catch up as well. Great review, makes me want to pick up my copy right now! :)

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do the read-a-long. It is fun and a good way to play catch up.

      https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/122337-nalini-singh-read-a-long

      Delete
  2. I have read lots of books in this series and the first one is always the one that will make or break a series. I loved Sascha and Lucas. And I agree about there not being insta love!! Great review!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi I am so tired of the insta love going around right now. I will be honest I have read a few novels last year that the love came quick it was not instant but a little too quick for me but the authors made it work. This was a nice start to this series.

      Delete
  3. Do the read-a-long it is fun.

    https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/122337-nalini-singh-read-a-long

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, glad you loved it as much as I did ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read yesterday that it's getting better and better, good for us !

      Delete
  5. LOVE Nalini Singh, she is among my favorite authors! This series just gets better so hold on for a great ride.

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.