Monday, January 13, 2014

Quote-Tastic: The Burn List by Julia Devlin


Quote-Tastic is a meme hold on Mondays by Herding Casts & Burning SoupJoin them  every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed ya for one reason or another.
 
It has been since July 2012 I have read The Burn List by Julia Devlin and it was 5 stars so freakin amazing that I still think about Lukas. I started crushing on Lukas by Chapter 3 and 6 months later still crushing on him.  The Burn List is a keeper for me.
 
Really it should be  a law that everyone have a least one sexy neighbor who is sweet and sexy. OK maybe not. I would so be in trouble. Ha..ha...I  would be one of those crazy neighbors with the binoculars watching him mow his grass. 

If interested to see why Lukas is still in my thoughts check out my spoil free review.

Quote: 1
Lukas is a sexy and sweet fireman who knows what a woman wants in the bedroom.   I am a sucker for heroes who show a lot of affection by always caressing his lovers. I love how he is always curling his hands around her neck, tracing his thumb on her bottom lip and putting his forehead against hers.  This teaser by chapter 2  had me all hot and bothered and found him sexy as sin.
 
And then what?” she asked with breathless anticipation.
 
Unable to hold back any longer, he leaned in close their mouths were barely touching. “I’ll fuck you as hard and as rough as you can take it.”

Quote: 2
Dirty Talker
 
He broke the kiss, running his thumb over her bottom lip. "I've been dreaming about that eager little mouth wrapped around my cock all day."

Quote: 3
Possessive

 
In that case," Trevor said with a grin, "I'm sure you won't mind if I take Abby onto the dance floor."
 
"I mind," Lukas snarled
 
 
Book Info:
The Burn List
by Julia Devlin
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
After spending her thirtieth birthday with her parents, straight-as-an-arrow Abby Simmons drowns her sorrows in a bottle of tequila and a splash of margarita mix. All she wants is a little excitement, one chance to go wild before she settles back into her regularly scheduled life. Fueled by liquid courage, Abby sets out to give herself the perfect gift—her bad-boy neighbor, firefighter Lukas Marlow.

Sure, Lukas likes intoxicated girls looking to turn their fantasies into reality as much as the next guy, but this is sweet little Abby. Definitely on the do-not-touch list. Determined to save her from embarrassment, he sends her away with an order to sleep it off and a promise to fulfill her desires in the sober light of day. Confident he’s scared her away for good, nothing could have shocked him more than an email from Abby the next morning, outlining her sexual to-do list.

Turns out his quiet neighbor isn’t such a good girl after all, and Lukas has no other choice but to make her burn.

Publisher’s Note: Previously published elsewhere, but has been revised and expanded for Ellora’s Cave.
 
 
Have you read Julia Devlin before? Are you drooling over the cover?
  






12 comments:

  1. LOL oh yeah I think I could like him quite a bit. Haven't read her but adding to the tbr pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sounds of this one and I wish I had a neighbor like Lukas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea you have to try The Burn List then after we both can be those crazy ladies lusting over our sexy neighbor.

      Delete
  3. It's already on my list, and when I take a look at your quotes, I know why lol ! :)
    Oh and by the way, I have a sexy neighbor just upstairs. Younger than me, smaller than me, but cute, and definitely a looker shirtless (when he was talking to me, I was all "look at his eyes, look at his eyes !")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so lucky. No sexy neighbors for me but wonderful neighbors we love. Wait what he was shirtless talking to you. Yummy. I would be like look at his eyes too.

      Delete
  4. oh...he is nice. Such a way with words he has :D I like him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes!! I always love the possessive ones! Gives you tingles down the spine!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my possessive heroes even better when they have a sweet side to them to.

      Delete
  6. Oh my!! Yummy teasers! Sounds like a HAWT book!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.