Saturday, January 4, 2014

Lusting For Covers: #158 Kiss Of Steel by Bec McMaster


 
 
Lusting For Covers is a weekly meme hosted by TBQ's Book Palace . Lusting For Covers is held on Sunday, that allows bloggers to share their current cover obsession with fellow book lovers. It can be new, old, a reprint, or even a book that is not yet out-- it's all up to you! Join in on the fun, head over to TBQ's Book Palace and list your Lusting For Covers candidate.



by Bec McMaster
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
When Nowhere is Safe

Most people avoid the dreaded Whitechapel district. For Honoria Todd, it's the last safe haven. But at what price?

Blade is known as the master of the rookeries—no one dares cross him. It's been said he faced down the Echelon's army single–handedly, that ever since being infected by the blood–craving he's been quicker, stronger, and almost immortal.

When Honoria shows up at his door, his tenuous control comes close to snapping. She's so...innocent. He doesn't see her backbone of steel—or that she could be the very salvation he's been seeking.





Thoughts:
Love the outfits, the colors and loving more the stance of the couple, especially the way the hero is looking at the heroine. I have been wanting to read a Steampunk novel for some time now. The closest I have come to Steampunk would be  The Darkest London series by Kristen Callihan. I do not even know if that would be consider Steampunk.  I read on Amazon Message board that Kiss Of Steel hero is possessive and obsessed with the heroine. So usually with that comes an Alpha Male and you all know I love my heroes with an alpha male attitude. Happy to say I bought my first Steampunk read.

11 comments:

  1. Adore this cover. I haven't read hardly any steampunk either, I am a bit nervous, wondering if I am going to like it. But this author has definitely been in the back of my mind to read. And the covers are so captivating right? Great pick. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow monster is here and makes for a nice lazy, cozy reading day. I do look forward to see what I will think of steampunk will keep you posted.

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah. I totally lust over her covers. They're amazing. I have these on my tbr pile and like Renee a little nervous starting the whole steampunk thing. But it' son the bill for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it at the right time to start off the new year with something new to venture into to.

      Delete
  3. This cover is simply gorgeous, I love it ! That's funny, because I watched steampunk in anime, I like the idea of it but I haven't read a steampunk book yet... Great choice !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not watched any anime. I will keep you posted on how I like a steampunk novel.

      Delete
  4. Wow -- great pick, I love the outfits and pose, too! I've only read one or two steampunks myself (Kristin Callihan's series being one of them -- wow, a must read!).

    Enjoy,
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I am shocked no one has yet to try Steampunk or this novel. I was hoping someone would of given me something to go on to see what they thought of this genre or this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WD~ Very nice...dark, foggy, mysterious...not a huge fan of steampunk, but I do read some of it. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I"m madly in love with this cover!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.