Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Review: Affliction By River Savage

Rating: 4 Stars - Loved It
 
Affliction By River Savage
Series: Knights Rebel MC 2
Genre: Contemporary Romance (Biker/MC)
Publisher:  Self Published on November 29, 2014
Format: Kindle
Pages:  375
Source: Bought
 
Three little words are all it takes to rip his world apart. Lost in his own affliction, Sy has been living in a darkness he doesn't want to let go of.

Until she arrives and shines her light so bright that nothing else mattered.

She was only in it for the chase, for the thrill of capturing the unattainable. But what happens when her world shatters around her, spiraling her into the darkness beside him?

Can his affliction be her resurrection? Or will two lost souls living in the depths of deception let it destroy them?
 
Spoil Free Review
"Have you ever looked at a stranger and felt yourself going back to another time in your life? A time you just want to completely forget."


Wow! I  was not expecting any kind of emotions going into Affliction. It just broke my heart learning about Sy past in his flashbacks. I did not read any detailed reviews so I was not prepared to shed some tears. For me that was the best experience of not knowing. He is standoffish in the beginning towards Holly that I did have a hard time connecting with his character. For me the flashbacks helped me understand why he does not let any one close to him, feel his pain and was able to connect with his character. He ended up being a broken, sexy dirty talker, alpha male biker hero who I just wanted to see get his HEA

This is the second book I read from River Savage and the second heroine I had a hard time connecting with in the beginning. I do not know how to really describe her but she was just a little over the top energetic for me. Thank goodness because of the plot line she did take it down a notch and was able to connect more with her.

Plot line was unpredictable. So many times I thought the author was going to go a certain direction. Thankfully to my surprise she did not as it led for a better read. This could of easily been a 5 Star read for me but after while I felt like "what more bad stuff can happen to Holly, good night give the girl a break".

Overall I ending up loving Affliction as it was emotional and unpredictable. Sy and Holly were both broken and perfect for each other. I was rooting for them to get their HEA.


 

6 comments:

  1. I've just read a MC book that didn't work well for me, so you did me a favour by reviewing this because boy, it sounds quite good and I'd like to get back on track! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really had a good time with the emotion in this book as well, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I've thought that on some before. Man they need a break! That's awesome things changed and you were able to connect to the heroine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know why have so much over the top bad stuff happen to the heroine. A few incidents with her would of worked just fine. Thankfully I connected with the heroine finally because it would of ruined the book for me.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.