Monday, October 20, 2014

Review / Quote-Tastic: Deviant by Callie Hart

Deviant (Blood & Roses #1)
by Callie Hart
 
Synposis
Please be aware that this is a Dark Romance novel and deals with serious themes, including graphic sex, violence and murder*

This story is the first part in a series, each approx. 30-40k words in length.

Sloane
I'm not proud of the things I've done.
The things I've had to do.
The things I've given away.
but I'd give it all over again to find her.

Even if I die trying,
I have to find Alexis.


Zeth
She wants me to help her,
But I won't.
She wants me to save her sister,
But I can't.
She wants me to be her hero,
But I'm not a good man.

I am her damnation.
 
 
Join us every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed ya for one reason or another.
Everyone's welcome to join in. Authors, bloggers, readers. The more the merrier! Herding Cats & Burning Soup.

 

My Quote-tastic:
Loved the moment when Zeth claims Sloane as his.
 
“What would happen if I said no?”

“Then we would have problems. You gave yourself to me. You’re mine. That’s not something you can undo.”

“I’m sure lots of girls have given themselves to you. You can go back to fucking them.”

“I’m not fucking anyone but you from here on out, sweetheart.”

“Until you get bored, you mean?”

“Until I get shot and it sticks. Until you pack up all your shit and run from me. But let me just say this, Sloane...Don’t bother running. I’ll only have to come find you. Stay here and be with me. I’ll make it worth your while.”




Rating: 4 Stars ~ Loved It
Genre: Erotic Romance
Heat: Scorcher ~ Panty changer
Source: Free from Amazon
 
While browsing Amazon I came across this delicious cover and of course had to click to see what it was all about.  The mysterious blurb caught my attention and the added bonus it was free. Had no idea what I was getting as I never read a Callie Hart novel. To my surprise the plot and all the characters caught my attention that I could not swipe my kindle fast enough. The first meeting of Sloane and Zeth was farfetched and was okay with that as Callie Hart has this amazing writing voice that made it work. Always looking for a good dark novel. Callie Hart delivered.
 
Zeth is a mysterious tattoo man who has some dark needs in the bedroom department. I found him and his needs sexy.  This is just the beginning so I look forward to learn more about him and his dark world. He is unemotional, but his actions show not only with Sloane but his crazy roommate, deep inside he still has feelings. Sloane brings feelings out of him that he thought they were long gone.
 
I adore Sloane determination to find her sister. Sloane is perfect for him and his dark and nasty desires.  Love how she is just as sexy as him in the bedroom department. I was shocked how much I loved the sex scenes.  They are scorching -Panty changing, with a twisted dirty-talking hero.
 
Blood and Roses is a series with all stories being novellas. Deviant is the first and have to say it was enough length for me as it has 15 chapters, 181 pages. Loved that is was paced out nicely, nothing was too short or too long for me. Deviant is more of a character foundation towards to what seems to be an interesting series that I look forward to see what is next for Zeth and Sloane. Thank goodness all novels are out and I do not have to wait.
 
Add To Goodreads
 
Purchase Link: Amazon
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely quote you shared!! Sound like a winner of a read! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee. Love when I find a novel I have no expectations going into it and end up enjoying.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.