Saturday, November 17, 2012

ARC Review: The Marriage Mistake by Jennifer Probst



The Marriage Mistake  (Marriage to a Billionaire #3)
by Jennifer Probst
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Purchase Links: Amazon  Barnes & Noble
E-book 338 pages


Blurb:
Carina Conte has had a crush on her brother Michael’s best friend, Max Gray, since she was a teenager. Now she’s earned her MBA and come to work at Michael’s new venture, America’s fastest-growing bakery empire. But some things never change: her family still treats her like a child. With three drop-dead gorgeous siblings, she’s still the ugly duckling of the bunch. And Max, the company’s new CEO, still barely notices her.

Max knows Carina Conte is strictly off limits. But hot-blooded lust wins out at a conference when the two share a scorching one-night stand—and are busted by her mother! Now, forced by old-world Italian tradition into a marriage he’s not ready for, Max is miserable—and Carina is furious. Her new husband is about to realize that hell hath no fury like a woman transformed….
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review:

Liked It

I read The Marriage Bargain (Marriage of a Billionaire #1) and it was only a so-so, 2 star read for me. I am happy I took another chance on Jennifer Probst and read The Marriage Mistake. I liked reading The Marriage Mistake and give it 3 stars, but I wanted to love it as it had the most interesting storyline with the hero having to train his best friend sister in their business. I love books with a hero always having feelings for his best friend sister but The Marriage Mistake fell a little short in that department for me.

Max was a likable, sexy character who steamed up my e-reader but was at times not sure of himself. It took a jealous moment with a friend of his and a pep talk from him for Max to realize Carina liked to be submissive in the bedroom.

The chemistry between Max and Carina were up and down through out the book. One minute I could feel their chemistry and then the next it was flat. The mentioned of “Shades Of Grey” from Carina when he pulled out a scarf for their first time lovemaking scene was a downer for me but once I got over that, they definitely did burn up the sheets in the bedroom.

Even though this is a series and all the characters from book 1 and 2 were in The Marriage Mistake I did not feel lost. It can be read as a stand alone. The writing flow is choppy and is very easy to put down and pick back up, but does have potential with a good storyline.

ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.