Thursday, August 29, 2013

ARC Review NA: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover




Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)
by Colleen Hoover
Publisher: Atria Books   
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual content, harsh language and heavy subject matter.
 
 
 
 
 
Wow! I can not believe it has taken me so long to read a Colleen Hoover novel. She is a master story teller with a beautiful writing voice. The twist and turns had me engrossed till the very end. I am now a huge fan of Colleen Hoover and look forward to reading more of her novels.
 
Now I know what all the hype was about with Holder in the blogosphere. Hands down Holder is the sexiest, swoon worthy hero. Holder is intense and is either angry or charming there is no in between with him. He is passionate about life, love, words, his sister and best of all about Sky.  Loved his character from his sexy tattoo (which was awesome and love what it meant)  to his sweet, caring and a bit of an alpha male attitude. 
 
Sky is what I love in my heroines that are broken on the inside. Loved that she knows she is broken, does not know why, but still has a backbone. She is not over the top whiney or too strong willed. She has her moments of breaking down and if I was in her shoes I would be a complete basket case. Loved that she was able to go head to head with Holder and it was not over the top but perfect with the story line. 
 
I adore Sky's best friend Six. She is spunky and everyone should have a true best friend like her. She was perfect for Sky and loved their scenes together.
 
I could not swipe my kindle fast enough to see if  Holder and Sky would get their HEA. If any couple in the history of novels deserves a HEA it is Holder and Sky. They are hot-fan-your self together and their scenes are well written.
 
Even though there is no cliffhanger and has a beautiful ending, I still need more of Holder and Sky. I am begging Colleen Hoover to please make this a series. At least I still have Holder's POV in Losing Hope (Hopeless #2) to get my fix.
 
I love the blurb as it is mysterious. I have to say I had no idea going in what Hopeless was about and was shocked so many times. Kudos to Colleen Hoover for taking two major issues and creating a powerful story with many layers at a good pace. Be prepared to be shocked and have many tissues handy.
 
ARC provided by publisher,  Atria Books  at NetGalley for an honest review.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you loved this book!! It was such a fantastic read. Be warned though, you think you love Holder now, you will love him more after Losing Hope!
    I read on Colleen's site that there is a Novella coming from Daniels POV!! I love him so much, I'm sure it will be amazing!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.