Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review: Marked by Elisabeth Naughton





Marked (Eternal Guardians #1)
by Elisabeth Naughton
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
E-Book 298 pages


Blurb:
THERON – Dark haired, duty bound and deceptively deadly. He’s the leader of the Argonauts, an elite group of guardians that defends the immortal realm from threats of the Underworld.

From the moment he walked into the club, Casey knew this guy was different. Men like that just didn’t exist in real life—silky shoulder-length hair, chest impossibly broad, and a predatory manner that just screamed dark and dangerous. He was looking for something. Her.

She was the one. She had the mark. Casey had to die so his kind could live, and it was Theron’s duty to bring her in. But even as a 200-year-old descendent of Hercules, he wasn’t strong enough to resist the pull in her fathomless eyes, to tear himself away from the heat of her body.

As war with the Underworld nears, someone will have to make the ultimate sacrifice.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review:



I was looking forward to The Eternal Guardians series and was so excited when Marked #1 was free on Amazon. I was disappointed that I could not get into it. Too much going on with so many different characters and the Greek Mythology.

Theron the hero is an alpha male and protective but his character did not jump off the pages for me. He did have a few moments where I did enjoy his alpha attitude. Casey and Theron had no chemistry and could not connect with them.

It is the first book in a series and I know at times there will be a lot of world and character building but sometimes less is better. I have an ARC copy of Enslaved and will try that before I invest any money in this series. I think this series does have potential.


Shelves
Alpha Male Hero Protective Hero

3 comments:

  1. Hikes! I was so happy too because it's for free and Greek myth is my thing. Sad to hear it wasn't as good as you hoped it to be.

    Braine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Braine I feel like I am on a reading funk lately. Really I do not know if it is just me or what. I look forward ot see what you think.

      Delete
  2. Eeeek. I grabbed the freebie for this one too. I've been going back and forth about reading it. I've been in a reading rut with not so great books that I have been afraid to read this. Now... I may have to wait until I'm on a reading high to give this one a shot. Thanks for the honest review.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.