Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Review: Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3) by Ilona Andrews

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews
Series: Kate Daniels #3
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Ace (March 31, 2009)
Pages: 322
Format: Kindle
Source: Library

Amazon / Goodreads
 

When magic strikes and Atlanta goes to pieces, it’s a job for Kate Daniels…
 
Drafted into working for the Order of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems than she knows what to do with these days. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that’s saying a lot.
 
But when Kate's werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet. As her investigation leads her to the Midnight Games—an invitation only, no holds barred, ultimate preternatural fighting tournament—she and Curran, the Lord of the Beasts, uncover a dark plot that may forever alter the face of Atlanta's shapeshifting community…
Rating: 4 Stars - Loved It

Thoughts: I was in need of my Curran fix and I got just that. If read this book then I think you all know what certain scene I am talking about. I found how the packs mate interesting and fun. The Midnight games were crazy good. Really liking Andrea and Kates friendship. Learning more about Kate and even Jim was good. The ending was my 2nd favorite part of the book. Can not tell you the first do not want to spoil anything.
 
I could not remember if I read book 2 as it has been awhile. The Midnight Games sounded interesting so went with Magic Strikes #3. I was not lost at all and did not feel like I missed anything huge. As I enjoyed Kate and a few of the secondary characters and Andrea and Raphael I feel like they were in the previous book. Easy for me to get a feel what is going on but I am sure it would of been nice to see how they got to where they are now.
 


3 comments:

  1. I love this series! It's been a while since I've read it though, and I need to finish it. I might have to do a re-read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Ilona Andrews Hidden Legacy Series and loved it! I've been looking for another Urban Fantasy Series to start, and the Kate Daniels Series sounds awesome! Thanks for shRing your thoughts!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read Ilona Andrews before, I do hear great things about her tho. I am happy to hear you enjoy her books. Thanks for the great review. I will have to add this one to my list!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.