Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Review / Quote-Tastic: Heated Pursuit by April Hunt


Quote-Tastic is a weekly meme hosted by Anna @ Herding Cats and Burning Soup. Share a favorite quotes that's grabbed your for one reason or another. You can ad a review or post just a quote.

Heated Pursuit by April Hunt
Publisher: Forever on October 25, 2016
Pages: 304
Format: Kindle
Source: Bought
TROPICAL HEAT

Penny Kline didn't come to Honduras on a pleasure trip. She's here to rescue her kidnapped niece, the only family she's got left. What she didn't plan on was walking into a covert ops mission---or being wrapped up in the hard-muscled arms of Rafe Ortega. The cool-as-ice operative's touch may get her all hot and bothered, but no man can have a hold on her heart until her niece is home where she belongs.

Even in the tropics, Alpha Security operative Rafe can take down the bad guys without breaking a sweat. Hostage extractions. Clandestine missions. Those are the things he's been trained to handle. Relationships? Not so much. But one look at this strong, sexy redhead and he's seized by a fierce urge to protect her at all costs. Now Penny and Rafe will have to up their game because they're about to go into a master criminal's lair without backup, and the danger---and passion---is about to explode . . .
Thoughts: Rafe and Penny were easy characters to fall in love with. As much as I adored Rafe I took a good liking to Penny. She can hold her own with anybody but at the same time have her weaker moments. That made her character feel real in certain situations. She is sassy and fun.

“No need to apologize to me, sweetheart. Let me know when and where and I’ll somehow manage not to crawl into a corner and hide.”

Rafe is protective of Penny but he is also gentle and caring. The best part of his character is how supportive he is to Penny. I loved his sense of humor especially in not so good situations.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go suction my lips to the man’s ass and see if we can get them back.”

These two had perfect chemistry with amazing sexual tension. They also worked so well together on their mission. I could not get enough of their flirty and fun banter.

"Is this your way of telling me you’re going to be touching my ass, Rafael Ortega? If it is, I should warn you that perk better go both ways.”

As much as I love main characters I also am a huge fan of having secondary characters in my reads. The men of Alpha Security have caught my attention.

(Logan) "That's if I can have children after that elbow drill. Shit. I think I need a medic, Kincaid."

“If it were an arm, leg, or even your head, I could be convinced to give you a hand, but I’ll be damned if I’m going anywhere near your junk…or your ass. You’re on your own, man,” said Chase Kincaid.

I had a good time reading Heated Pursuit. The flow was easy for me with enough action, suspense, romance, a few surprises I did not see coming and fun moments. Overall a feel good book.  I think I might of found a new Romantic Suspense series to get lost in.

Rating: 4 Stars - Loved It

Add To Goodreads



22 comments:

  1. Glad to see you enjoyed this one! This book does look good, and I love the hero's name.

    I love secondary characters, too. They can make or break a book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would enjoy this one. Adding To my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seem to be a lot of butt references, lol. Sold! ;)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything is okay and you're just taking a little blogging break! I keep checking back to see if you've posted anything new, ant to make sure things are okay. <3

      Delete
  4. Yay! I enjoyed this one as well :) I need to read book 3. I think it just came out or is about to maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is as good as the first. I still need to read book 2.

      Delete
  5. Oooo this sounds like a really fun read. I love that it's a first in series also. Like you said a new series to get lost in. Glad you enjoyed this one!

    Mary
    P.S. Got your message - doing the best we can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a good new series! Rafe and Penny do sound fun together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds fun. Love the quotes. It seems there is a lot of ass touching going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quotes you chose! I love when humor is used well and comes off as natural for the characters.
    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh I love flirty banter! And Rafe sounds like my kind of guy... sweet but protective!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope all is ok. I was hoping you would come on even to say hello and all was well. Still thinking about you.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.