Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Noontime Martini: Have you ever dislike a heroes nickname?


I would love to have a Girls Lunch Date with a Dirty Martini and Talk  Bookish and Non-Bookish with you all. Well since I can not have that, Noontime Martini was created.
 
Hi everyone. I was going through some old reviews to see how I use to write them. I came across a review from one of my favorite authors and forgot I even read this book. Sadly it was not a hit for me and I am sure this is my reasoning for not remembering. I love when a hero has a nickname. I feel like I am getting an extra treat when this happens. I was not a fan of this heroes nickname but that is not the reason for my miss with this book. I got to thinking if anybody else has ever came across a heroes nickname that was not appealing.
 
 
Jagged by Kristen Ashley
Series: Colorado Mountain #5
Publisher: Forever
 
An old flame rekindled . . .

Zara Cinders always knew Ham Reece was the one, but he wasn't interested in settling down. When she found someone who was, Ham walked out of her life. Three years later, Zara's lost her business, her marriage, and she's barely getting by in a tiny apartment on the wrong side of the tracks. As soon as Ham hears about Zara's plight, he's on her doorstep offering her a lifeline. Now, it will take every ounce of will power she possesses to resist all that he offers.

Ham was always a traveling man, never one to settle down in one town, with one woman, for more time than absolutely necessary. But Ham's faced his own demons, and he's learned a lot. About himself, and about the life he knows he's meant to live. So when he hears that Zara's having a rough time, he wants to be the one to help. In fact, he wants to do more than that for Zara. A lot more. But first, he must prove to Zara that he's a changed man.
I assumed going into Jagged the heroes nickname is Ham from the blurb. I could never pass up a Kristen Ashley novel. She is the queen of delicious alpha male heroes. Graham Reece is a sexy name for a hero. Personally I would of loved Reece as his nickname. Not a piece of meat. His nickname for the heroine is Cookie. I am thinking these nicknames were meant to sound cute and funny. Everybody has different taste and I am sure many have loved these nicknames.
 
 Grab a coffee, tea or cocktail and lets chat.
Have you ever dislike a heroes nickname? Have you read Jagged?

14 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have. I might have at some point and just don't remember. My memory is getting worse as I age. Ham and Cookie would not be nicknames I ever use in a book tho. Ham really...LOL. Oh well, I like the premise of this book. Sounds really good. I hope you are doing well and the kiddos are ok too. =)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Mary. We are all doing good. Hope you and your daughter are doing good. I am sure I have had more at some too.

      Delete
  2. LOL I know another who had some issues with Ham. I had a Six-Pack as a hero nickname. Um...no. His real name was Howard. Another miss. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna. Wow two misses for you lol. That sounds like a Romantic Suspense with Six-Pack as a nickname.

      Delete
  3. Uhhh I'm not sure I'd like HAM as a name hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicknames are usually a nice touch, but I'm afraid Ham doesn't do it for me. Yet, the premise of Jagged doesn't sound bad and I heard very good things about the Colorado Mountain series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have so much more to read in this series and also have seen great things about this series. I did enjoy one other book in this series.

      Delete
  5. I read Jagged a long time ago, and I remember really enjoying the story. Ham's name...not so much. I'm with you on that. LOL

    Also, when I first started reading Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde, I hated the name Horse and wasn't even sure I was going to be able to make it through the book. I was sold on it by the end.

    Great topic! :) Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so into Reaper's Property that Horse nickname did not bother me. But yeah not really a kick butt nickname.

      Delete
  6. Yeah. Something about "Ham" makes me picture a dude with a massive beer belly and a receding hairline. I don't know why. I would have much preferred if they called him by his name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the giggles this morning. His name is very sexy no need for a nickname.

      Delete
  7. Unfortunately, I haven't read Kristen Ashley before. I need to fix that.
    What a weird nickname... Ham. I hope you got the meaning for that in the story somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.