Monday, January 29, 2018

Review / Quote-Tastic: Reign (The Henchmen MC #1) by Jessica Gadziala

Rating: 3 Stars - Liked It

Reign by Jessica Gadziala
Series: The Henchmen MC #1
Genre: Erotica/Contemporary Romance, Biker Romance
Publisher: Self Published on December 14, 2015
Format: Kindle
Pages: 332
Source: Bought


One notorious 1%er
One innocent trapped in an impossible situation
One vicious crime lord
Three people who aren't who they appear to be
= one big (bloody) mess.

Reign is no stranger to the criminal underbelly and hard life, but when a random woman comes (literally) crashing into his life- learning things she has no business knowing, and bringing with her the weight of the city's biggest skin trader- the "hard life" starts to take on a whole new meaning.

Loved: Who knew you could have so much fun with a couple in a biker story. Reign the hero and Summer the heroine were amusing with their banter. Both strong characters and fit so well together. Reign is the perfect alpha male who is a protector, a bit bossy but also gentle when needed to be. His alpha male attitude flowed nice and was perfect when he needed it to be. Summer is not one to hold anything back even when in trouble. I loved that she was also a bit scared at times because of her situation. That just made her character feel real. I am a huge flashback lover especially when flow nicely with the story and Jessica Gadziala did a great job at that. Not overly done or too dark but enough to get a feel what happened to Summer. The plot had few good twist to it I did not see coming. The secondary characters were awesome and loved that they were part of the plot and never overtook the main couples story. The brotherhood feel with the MC was good.

Dislike: This is for sure a personal pet peeve of mine but I am not a fan of calling the heroine a slut during a sex scene. Huge turn off for me even if the heroine enjoys it. A "slut calling" and a rough sex scene felt out of character for Reign. Especially since the dirty talk was nicely done. The flashbacks needed to be in italic. Repetitive dual 1st peron POV.

Overall: The beginning was great that I loved the interaction with the couple. Jessica Gadziala writes good secondary characters that I do look foward to reading about them. Plot idea is good but alot happens last half of the book.
 
 
 
Quote-Tastic is a weekly meme hosted by Anna @ Herding Cats and Burning Soup. Share a favorite quote that's grabbed you for one reason or another. You can add a review or post just a quote.
 
Quote-tastic
This little bickering moment had me giggling. Loved that Summer is able to hold her own when it comes to Reign.

"Summer!" I shouted as soon as the door was open. Empty bed. Empty bedroom. "Fucking hell. Summer!" I rounded the corner to the bathroom. And there she was. Sitting on the edge of the tub. Pretty as you please. Looking up at me with a haughty chin lift. "Didn't fuckin' hear me knockin'?"

 "I heard you."

That was it. She heard me. Her tone with a very strong 'so what' underneath it. "Couldn't get off your ass and let me in?"

"You obviously had a key."





2 comments:

  1. Eh on the repetitive bit. I really dislike that. I'm okay with the other dislikes IF they fit the story and characters. Otherwise meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am weird I can handle some dirty talk of the dirtiest but something about that does not do it for me.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.