Thursday, April 23, 2015

NA Review: Broken By Lies by Rebecca Shea

Broken by Lies (Bound and Broken #1)
by Rebecca Shea
 
Synopsis
I had no idea how much I would love Alex the day he walked into my life.
 He changed everything.
The way I breathed.
The way I thought.
The way I loved.
He brought me back to life.
He gave me strength and a safe place to land.

And then he broke me.

Finding Emilia was a chance to do something good for once in my life.
I wanted to change.
She believed I was her savior.
I ached to be.
She found her way into my heart and claimed it as her safe place.
I should be telling her the truth about me…instead I break her with lies.

This book is a New Adult Romance and contains mature subject matter. It is not intended for those under 17 years of age.


 
 
Rating: 3 Stars - Liked It
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance
Heat Level: Hot - Fan Yourself
Source: Bought
 
How could I not one click Broken By Lies, really have you seen the well put together cover, awesome secretive blurb and of course the Title.
 
Well unfortunately Broken By Lies was not of a hit as I hope for. The overall Plot line is amazing but the execution was not.  It started out promising and was feeling bad for Emilia but the middle came around, it then got slow and boring at times. So many times I was  waiting for a scene to go a different direction and waiting for that wow moment but nothing came.  Loved the characters but the ones we get the most of are the main characters. Do not get me wrong I adored Alex as he was caring, loving and has a little of that Alpha Male attitude that I just love in my heroes. It was not overdone, flowed nicely with his character and for his reasoning for being protective. I get that this is their story but a secondary who  also plays a big roll in the plot I needed a tad bit more of him. I needed just  little bit more of a buildup with Alex and Emilia before they got together.  All the wow moments, twist and turns happen towards the end. It was too many at once. It needed layers for this so the characters and readers have time to take it in.
 
The ending was awesome and it did get my attention that I am curious to see how everything plays out in Bound By Lies (Bound And Broken #2). I do look forward to see the cover. I also hope book 2 has some layers and wow moments within those layers. I did enjoy Rebecca Shea writing voice and would like to check her other novels.
 
Add To Goodreads
 
Purchase Link: Amazon
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'll be lazy and wait until you review book #2 to make up my mind and decide whether I like it or not. Great review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's disappointing when the middle leaves you feeling like that. Just wish the awesome start and finish could sandwich even more awesome. Hopefully the next will pull it all the way through.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.