Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Review: Sins & Needles by Karina Halle



Sins and Needles

Sins and Needles (The Artists Trilogy #1)
by Karina Halle
Purchase Links: Amazon  Barnes & Noble
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
Ellie Watt is used to starting over. The daughter of a grifting team, Ellie spent her childhood being used as a pawn in her parents' latest scam. Now she's much older, wiser and ready to give her con artist life a rest. But returning to the dry desert town of Palm Valley, California means one more temptation than she bargained for - Camden McQueen. Once known as the high school weirdo, Camden is bigger and badder than the boy he used to be and a talented tattoo artist with his own thriving business. Ellie's counting on Camden still being in love with her but what she's not counting on is how easily unrequited love can turn into obsession over time. When Camden discovers Ellie's plan to con him, he makes her a deal she doesn't dare refuse, but her freedom comes with a price and it's one that takes both Ellie and Camden down a dangerous road.

**WARNING** This book contains graphic language, sex and violence. Readers who are sensitive to sexual scenes, violence and a lot of cursing should refrain from reading this book.This is not YA or NA. 18 and above.







Sins and Needles is a great read and loved all the action and the surprises. I never knew what was going to happen next.
 
Camden loved his character right down to his nose piercing and sexy Tattoos. The love he has for Ellie is sweet. But things start to turn around for them and the angst between the two at times broke my heart. Poor guy can not catch a break. He has loved Elle since high school and she broke his heart then and did it again in the present. I loved the past flash backs of how they were in high school as friends.
 
Ellie and Camden are broken and have scars that were brought on by their parents.  Elle's are visible and Camden is buried deep inside. Ellie's bad actions are brought on by her scars and feels this is what she was made to do in life when really deep inside she wants to be a better person. Camden has a bit of a dark side to him that he has kept buried and knows he can be good and go down the right path in life. Camden sees the good in Ellie and knows she can also go down the right path in life, she just needs to get over her anger and not use her scars as her reason for her bad actions in life.
 
The sexual tension in the beginning was hot and sweet.  Oh my, I would not mind Camden teaching me how to play golf. The Few sex scenes were hot, fan-your-self.
 
I believe I  started The Artists Trilogy out of order by reading On Every Street (The Artist Trilogy #.05) first. I was fine with it as I instantly fell in love with Javier. Got to see how Elle and Javier relationship started and how she became and why she became a con artist, but how the cliffhanger ended I could not believe what happened. I needed  this incident not to be real as it broke my heart. I needed answers that it had to been some kind of mistake as it is not a HEA ending. Bummed I did not get answers and Javier was stalker crazy in Sins & Needles. Next up is Shooting Scars and with a major cliffhanger ending in Sins & Needles I hope I get my answers.



Add To Goodreads













2 comments:

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.