Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Review: Rush by Maya Banks



Rush (Breathless, #1)
by Maya Banks
Purchase Link: Amazon

 
Gabe, Jace, and Ash: three of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the country. They’re accustomed to getting anything they want. Anything at all. For Gabe, it’s making one particular fantasy come true with a woman who was forbidden fruit. Now she’s ripe for the picking...

When Gabe Hamilton saw Mia Crestwell walk into the ballroom for his hotel’s grand opening, he knew he was going to hell for what he had planned. After all, Mia is his best friend’s little sister. Except she’s not so little anymore. And Gabe has waited a long time to act on his desires.

Gabe has starred in Mia’s fantasies more than once, ever since she was a teenager with a huge crush on her brother’s best friend. So what if Gabe’s fourteen years older? Mia knows he’s way out of her league, but her attraction has only grown stronger with time. She’s an adult now, and there’s no reason not to act on her most secret desires.

As Gabe pulls her into his provocative world, she realizes there’s a lot she doesn’t know about him or how exacting his demands can be. Their relationship is intense and obsessive, but as they cross the line from secret sexual odyssey to something deeper, their affair runs the risk of being exposed—and vulnerable to a betrayal far more intimate than either expected.
 
 




Huge Fan of Maya Banks and was excited she was coming out with a new series. Was even more excited as Rush starts off The Breathless series with a crush on the older brother best friend.. I am a sucker for that.  
 
Rush is a bit different than her Sweet series. Still has the same BDSM, scorcher-panty-changer love scenes and a sexy couple in the bedroom department, but the hero is different than any of her typical heroes. Yes Gabe is still like her other heroes that she is known to write that are protective with an Alpha Male attitude but his tone was more blunt.  For his reasons he does not do relationships and has anyone he is sleeping with sign a contract. Yes I know first thing came to mind was another 50 story but no it was nothing like that at all.  Maya Banks is the queen of  BDSM novels. He is not a broken character that has to have BDSM as an escape. The ménage scene was different than any of her other ménage scenes but it fit the story line perfect and was heartbroken for Gabe.
 
I was so engross in the story I read it in one sitting. I had to know who would fall in love first and when her brother found out,  how it would play out. You know when have a older protective brother he is bound to find out that his baby sister is sleeping with his best friend. Not disappointed in both departments. I enjoyed Rush enough to continue The Breathless series. I look forward to seeing what Maya Banks does with Jace and Ash stories.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I loved her Sweet series and the KGI is one of my all time favorite rom-suspense ones. I haven't tried these yet but thinking I need to. I'm all kinds of curious about this menage scene! great review Capri :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the Menage scene is not a typical Maya Banks sexy ménage scene. I can not say a whole lot do not want to give any spoilers but it fit the story line. My heart broke for Gabe. I should probably write it a different way but seem to be not all there at the moment in the writing and thinking department. Have a lot on my mind and having a hard time at the moment trying to write my reviews.

      Delete
    2. hmm even more curious. I hope whatever's got ya weighed down right now gets all sorted out soon :)

      Delete
    3. It is nothing serious just overwhelmed. My mom is visiting for 3 months and love her to death but she is not all there and is sick but not life threatening but hard to see her like this as she has always been an independent person and so smart. My poor dog of 13 years has to have an IV for the rest of his life and we have to give it to him daily. It has been a week and I still can not put the needle in him. Yes I am wimp can not even look when I get poked. So we are doing it as a family my hubby, son (who is 23)and I together. So some days I try to write a review and just can not put to words. But today I think I had an okay day and enjoyed my review for Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. Writing reviews and putting my thoughts into writing are not my strong point.

      Delete
  2. I'm not familiar with this author but that book definitely sounds interesting. I'm going to check this one out.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.