Monday, August 26, 2013

Review: The Awakening by Christine Feehan








The Awakening (Leopard People #1)
by Christine Feehan
Fantasy (Midnight #1) Anthology
Purchase Link: Amazon
 
 
Under the blazing heat of the Borneo sun......a beautiful naturalist's dream comes true--to live among the feral jungle creatures. But an untamed, irresistible beast of another sort forces her to explore her own wild side.


 

 



 

I am a huge fan of Christine Feehan and The Awakening (Leopard People #1) is a good start to her were-cat shifter series.  Christine Feehan is known for her descriptive writing and she does not hold back in The Awakening short novel. As like  many of her novels you feel like you are there in her setting but at times it can be a bit  long.
 
Maggie takes a trip through the jungles of Borneo to check out her birth parents house that she has inherited. She finds her self feeling vulnerable and irritated. Here she meets the sexy were-cat shifter Brandt. And learns more then she has ever imagined about her self and her parents.
 
Since Maggie first set foot in the jungle Brandt has become irritable as she is his mate. The more time he spends with her the more he is becoming possessive and obsessive. Brandt has the  attitude I love in my were-cat shifter heroes. He is arrogant, aggressive but also sweet and caring. He is your sexy alpha male were-cat that will do anything to protect his mate. 
 
Loved Maggie and Brandt together. There are few giggle moments when she tries so hard to stand up to him. The love scene is hot and I do not think I can ever look at a Mango with out thinking of Brandt.















 

5 comments:

  1. I like were cats but the jungle and Borneo isn't really my thing. I don't think I'll be picking this novel up soon BUT it's cool that CFeehan has a new series out.

    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an old series. I just was trying to get back to re-reading my fav. author and series that I have fallen behind in since I started my blog. Each novel is set in different places. Some in the United States and some in the Jungle.

      Delete
    2. It is a series she has out now. The 6th book Leopards Prey just came out in may.

      Delete
  2. Oh I have this one!! I think I picked it up for the Sabrina Jeffries one. I just love her books. I need to try Feehan. I've been meaning to for ages. Hmm. Wonder if I can find this one in the masses of books on the bookshelf. lol Great review Capri :) I so need to do like you and make time for old favorites. Blogging has definitely changed the way I read this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try Sabrina Jefferies so I think I might have to try her out in this Anthology.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.