Monday, August 26, 2013

Quote-Tastic: The Darkest Hour by Maya Banks

 
Quote-Tastic is a meme hold on Mondays by Herding Casts & Burning Soup.  Join them  every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed ya for one reason or another.
 
 
The Darkest Hour for me was an intense, emotional  read that I never knew where it was going. Ethan's guilt broke my heart.

The Darkest Hour (KGI, #1)

The Darkest Hour (KGI #1)
by Maya Banks


He kissed her forehead and then her nose. Then both of her eyelids. he kissed the damp trails away from her cheeks and finally pressed a gentle kiss to her quivering mouth.

"The day I learned you were alive was the single greatest day of my life. For what ever reason, God gave me a second chance. He gave us a second chance. I don't deserve it, but I want it more than I want to live. I want to spend the rest of my life proving to you that you can trust me this time, Rachel."

She looked at him with such hope and devastation that it broke his heart.
 
 

Blurb by Goodreads
 
The Kelly Group International (KGI): A super elite, top secret, family-run business.

Qualifications: High intelligence, rock hard body, military background.

Mission: Hostage/kidnap victim recovery. Intelligence gathering. Handling jobs the US government can’t…

It’s been one year since ex-Navy SEAL Ethan Kelly last saw his wife Rachel alive. Overwhelmed by grief and guilt over his failures as a husband, Ethan shuts himself off from everything and everyone.

His brothers have tried to bring Ethan into the KGI fold, tried to break through the barriers he’s built around himself, but Ethan refuses to respond… until he receives anonymous information claiming Rachel is alive.

To save her, Ethan will have to dodge bullets, cross a jungle, and risk falling captive to a deadly drug cartel that threatens his own demise. And even if he succeeds, he’ll have to force Rachel to recover memories she can’t and doesn’t want to relive—the minute by minute terror of her darkest hour—for their love, and their lives, may depend on it


13 comments:

  1. *sigh* I loved that book. Really the whole series. It's one of my favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds like a dream. I am adding this to my TBR!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want him now! awwww, he is just...my goodness. This is going on the to buy list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a treat rereading Ethan Story. I want him and his yummy alpha male brothers.

      Delete
  4. I totally own this book and have even read the first chapter now im wondering why I ever put it down. Guess I'm going to have to revise and revisit this one. =)

    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maya Banks is fabulous and this sounds like a fabulous book. But was it a tear-jerker? I hate going into a book knowing that I will be a sobbing mess before its done. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was intense and emotional and broke my heart but was not a tear jerker for me.

      Delete
  6. O.o I've never read this series!! I love her highlanders and will pick up this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to read a bad novel by Maya Banks. Well I did enjoyed Rush her new series but it is different than her others.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.