Friday, August 16, 2013

ARC Review: Naked by Raine Miller



Naked (The Blackstone Affair #1)
by Raine Miller
Publisher: Atria Books
Purchase Links: Amazon  Barnes & Noble
 
Blurb by Goodreads
 
 Brynne Bennett is living the good life. An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer. He wants Brynne in his bed and makes plans to keep her there no matter what. His dominant nature captivates and ensnares despite the demons she carries inside her. But there are secrets in this relationship. Huge ones. Can Ethan free Brynne from the past that has marked her? Will Brynne let him or will the specters tormenting her resurface to destroy them both…






 
 
 
I dare you to read Naked and not fall in love with the Goatee, Tattoo, sexy alpha male hero Ethan. Who is a upfront, sexy dirty talking, protective hero that is what you see is what you get. Who for his reasons should stay away from Brynne sexually but seems he can not keep his hands off of her. He is not your beat around the bush kind of guy. He is to the point and demands answers when ask a question.
 
Loved them together as they were playful like in a real relationship and steamy-need-a-cold shower got in the bedroom, but the downer for me was already within 2 weeks she moved in and it was instant  love.
 
The repetitiveness  of his eye color was a bit overdone. By Chapter nine I got he had blue eyes. Even though the huge secret is really not actually revealed till the end as to why he is with her. I still had an idea with all the clues. Wish it was more secretive to where I did not guess right away and was more surprised when Naked ended with the cliffhanger. Even though I knew, I could not swipe my kindle fast enough to find out when Brynne would find out. 
 
I enjoyed it enough to continue The Blackstone Affair series to see where Ethan and Brynne are headed.

ARC provided by publisher, Atria Books at NetGalley.
 
 













3 comments:

  1. I will definitely be checking this book asap. Sorry that some parts got a bit repetitive at some points. Hope the next book is a little better for you. Thank you for the review!

    Reese's @Reese's Reviews: MA2F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I've been thinking about this one. Repetition does get to me too but it sounds pretty good other than that. And dang he sounds really freaking yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your review! I've had this book and it's sequel book on my kindle for months now (Netgalley book) I really need to get them read. I'm glad you like this book, it helps me get my lazy behind in gear to get them read! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.