Monday, August 5, 2013

Quote-Tastic: A Whole New Light by Julia Devlin


Quote-Tastic is a meme hold on Mondays by Herding Casts & Burning Soup.  Join them
 every Monday and share a favorite quote that's grabbed ya for one reason or another.


I really had mixed feelings about this novel. Rated it 3 stars liked it only because of a few issues I had. But  when it was good, oh boy was it good. This was my favorite part. One of the issues I had was twice Ethan liked to use slut during his dirty talking moments with Violet but she loved it and worked for her, me not so much.  As I find the more I read erotic novels that at times have a Dom the usage of the slut word is popular during sex scenes.  I fell in love with Julia Devlin writing voice and story telling after reading another novel. Lets just say Ethan is good on his word. 


A Whole New Light


“When I reach you-and make no mistake-I will.” He paced one step forward. She mirrored him keeping the distance between them. “I’m going to throw you over my shoulder, take you into the alley, and I’m going to spank your ass until it’s bright red. Then I’m going to fuck you. So be ready.”

She gave him the finger, turned and sprinted away.

6 comments:

  1. Nice quote!

    As for me, it has to flow with the rest of the book. I read one once where the "regular" parts of the book had one voice & tone, but the smexy scenes had another. It was jarring and kept throwing me out of the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hard when the character has different voice and tone.

      Delete
  2. not my favorite of choices either but I agree I have read some and worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read some where the usuage of the word did not do if for plus the writing was bad I DNF. But I loved Julia Devlin The Burn List and did not have that so I was surprise it was in this novel. I think it was going with the Dom character. Having a few issues with the novel did not stop me from enjoying it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote is both hot and hilarious. Sexy defiance? We can coin a new word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how she did not back down and gave him the finger taken off running. I like it Sexy Defiance.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.