Monday, October 29, 2012

ARC Review: Rev It Up by Julie Ann Walker





Rev It Up (Black Knights, Inc. #3)
by Julie Ann Walker
Publisher:  Sourcebooks Casablanca
Purchase Links: Amazon Barnes & Noble
E-book 352 pages

Goodreads

Blurb:
Soldier. Hero. Ladies’ Man. He’s the one who broke her heart...

Career soldier Jake “The Snake” Sommers has made a few mistakes in his life, but none so terrible as forsaking the only woman he’s ever loved. But he’s finally conquered his inner demon, the one that thirsted only for blood. So, now he’s back. And he’s not leaving without Michelle. Unfortunately, her enemy has other plans. Plans to see her dead.

Mother. Warrior. Lover. She’s the one he left behind...

Michelle Carter has never forgiven Jake for abandoning her all those years ago. Now he’s suddenly back, after she’s finally begun to make a life for herself. But her safe, orderly world is about be blown apart. With a psychotic Las Vegas mobster gunning for her, she has no choice but to turn to Jake. Only there’s more at stake than her life. As they all head for a showdown, something that was never meant to be revealed is suddenly thrown into the light. And with a secret this hot, there’s bound to be an explosion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Review:


Rev It Up was the book I was looking forward to reading in The Black Knights Inc. Series. The synopsis is the one I liked best. I love reading books with a hero and heroine having a past and the hero coming back to get his second chance at love.

The story felt rush and at times was predictable. It does not flow right.

I lost interest in Jake when he started crying in the beginning when Michelle told him she did not love him. But then I did start getting interested in him again when he did show a jealous side when she has a date with another man and when he went all caveman on her when he wanted to take her to his hotel to talk. Then again it did feel like these scenes were just there to show a Jealous, Alpha male hero. I did not feel his protectiveness around her at times. He is staying in her house to protect her. She wakes up in the middle of the night because she heard a noise. When she runs into Jake he is checking some box on top the refrigerator that belong to her deceased husband Preacher and Jakes best friend who died in combat while with him. She lets him know she heard a noise but instead of checking it out right away he is talking to her about the box he found then he goes and check out what caused the noise.

Michelle has a huge secret that I kind of figured out in the prologue. I was just waiting when that secret would come out and the hospital scene I knew that was going to be the moment. The hospital scene is pretty intense when Jake finds out.

I was happy to read less of the different dialogue that was in the first two books but still would of enjoyed it more if the story flowed better.

I do not think I will continue this series. The yummy covers and great synopsis on the back would of for sure got my attention and would of bought. I gave all three books in the series a chance and the writing style is not for me.

ARC provided by NetGalley for an honest review


 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! And I am prepping for aime serious bingeing on this series.

    Braine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try the Black Knight series has tons of great reviews. I believe it has more good reviews than bad. It just was not for me.

      Delete

Hello Lovelies. Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear from you.